1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michele Obama says white flight ruined her neighbourhood

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So you really had no desire to discuss the subject, just complain and be offended.
    I'm curious to know what you think the teacher's motivation was?

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Regardless of her intention, I question her judgement or whatever thought process led her to believe that in 2018 it was ok despite being told that people were offended by it. It’s like The Boondocks. There was actually an episode that mirrored the exact circumstances.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I’m a man of many double standards.

G 97 likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

2018?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Don’t forget, perpetual victim as well. :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Late to the game folks...playing catch up....And are you completely discounting what Elder had to say in that video that was posted?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Higher non-education

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Which black guys? Do you know someone here that does it?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Buck, education is the best way to overcome prejudice and ignorance. If you bristle at a quest for clarification, no one wins. Sometimes a question is just a question, not an accusation.

I myself have learned much in the last 3 years regarding the trials and tribulation of the challenges of black women's hair and how often they use wigs.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not all of them, just the lazy, stupid people who think calling each other one of the worst and most harmful words ever is cool. I hear it, makes even me, one of the thickest skinned, non PC people cringe. Shit, I had one small kid come up, flip me the bird and say "F@ck you, Nixxxx."

I don't see a color really where I hear someone spew that stupid shit, I see and hear stupid.

tony 340 and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Michelle Obama is educated. Didn't seem to help much.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can't fix intentional.

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Respectfully disagree Rick.
    I’m here to contend that self- respecting blacks don’t call each other the N word, certainly nobody in my circle. Sure we hear the ignorant few, but “blacks call each other the n word” and “they’re fine with it” is painting with a broad brush, and in my case a flat out lie.
    Overcoming prejudice and ignorance starts with the prejudice and ignorant people, not the folks that have to endure it.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Calculated.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Perhaps your ire would be better set against the perpetuators of the stereotypes and not those whose observations are saturated by those perpetrating the stereotypes.

Remember the vilifying Bill Cosby took when he dared suggest “thug culture” was damaging to the image of “self respecting black people”?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I remember Bill as being a serial rapist. I would think this would be pretty damaging to anyone’s image.

tony 340 likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah but he is proof that, as long as you present the correct public image, you can drug and rape people for years before anyone notices.

tony 340 likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

people not looking to be offended.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

My oldest has a law practice centered among 3 big cities.

Three times when getting depositions, he comes to his car to find it surrounded by young black men refusing him entry.

They all have hoodies or jackets with low hanging pockets... making "white boy" remarks.

Yes, it makes for a bad example.

kangasj likes this.