Advice needed for kart track bike

Discussion in 'Tech' started by africanjon, Jan 28, 2020.

1. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

He’s asking 2500

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Does it have suspension already setup and a big front caliper?

Please PM me the contact info, if
    you aren’t interested, I think I am. However, it would be a play bike for me to hit the track again, and I probably won’t ever be a serious motorcycle racer again, so I won’t cry if you pick it up. Lol.

FYI, there was an Ovahle 160 for sale on this forum that was only ridden a couple times. If I had that big of a toy budget right now, I would probably consider it.

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/ohvale-gp-0-160cc.365019/

3. Boman Forklift

If you buy the Ovalhe, and I buy the 150r, we could pick them up for each other and meet in central CA for a swap? Maybe even Buttonwillow kart track?

4. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

Thats a cool idea, I saw the Ohvale but am hesitant as I am 6 feet 200 lbs and have never sat on one?? I am checking the 150r tomorrow morning, will let you know how it goes.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

Plus it costs us much as my 675!!!

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's Chinese is the main downside

7. Boman Forklift

Well, spill it, is she yours now?:D

8. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

2500 for the 150r is a steal! Hope one of you gets the bike.

I almost pulled the trigger on an an ohvale then rode one and felt a bit cramped at 6’1 180lbs.

I still regret selling my rs125’s :/

9. Boman Forklift

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have an Ohvale 160...

I'm 5'9" 245...talk about a Guerilla fucking a football!

I haven't done much but ride it around the block so far.
    I'm going to have fun on it this Summer. Mostly practice I think. Maybe an F2 race here and there if I feel like it.

Stay tuned on that one.

11. Boman Forklift

And?

The suspense is killing me!!!:beer:

12. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

Yup got it for $1800, with some wine thrown in to sweeten the deal.
    Doesn't start as been sitting for 2 years but a carb clean should help with that
    F9207930-AE28-440A-B4B1-B3458C324262.jpeg

SuddenBraking, Tj Hunter and pscook like this.
  13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

love my FS450 at my local kart track. Ive ridden the ohvale 190 and they're cool but the 450 is just alot more comfortable for riding all day

racerx13 likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Wow, I'm jealous. After you get tired of it and want more power, please consider selling it to me!!!!

15. africanjon

africanjon Active Member

You have a deal!

16. StaccatoFan

Congratulations!

africanjon likes this.
  17. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i think the compatibility of a bike to a track is mostly in the wheelbase. i have a 200lb aprilia rs50 with a 125 in it and i can't get comfortable enough on it at bushnell no matter what i do, i rode a grom and it was way easier. i think it's the wheelbase...

jksoft likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

19. StaccatoFan

Don’t let Broome see that!

20. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Long post warning.

So the kids are riding dirty bikes every weekend. have a 10yo and 5yo. I've been riding the Grom (with some nobbies) on the pee-wee track but that Ohlins shock has about 1.5" of travel and makes for a painful day (plus the fear of blowing out the shock). I have two Groms fully set up for the Kart track already (mine and the 10yo) plus getting ready to do the 181 kit on mine. I'm looking for a trail bike that will work on the pee-wee track and something I can put some slicks on for the kart track. The local dirt bike track will allow up to 150cc four stroke trail bikes on the pee-wee track so I've been leaning towards the Kawasaki KLX 140L or 140G. The only reason I'm headed in that direction is because it's the only small trail bike that I can find with a rear disc brake. I'm mainly thinking this is a huge plus because I use a lot of rear brake when I ride my KTM SMR on the track. I would rather have a yamaha but I'd have to get the TTR250 to get a rear disc.

Options:
    KLX140L has 19" front and 16" rear.
    KLX140G has a 21" front and 18" rear.

My concern is how hard would it be to put 17" motard wheels (front & rear) on either of these bikes? I assuming that the front end on either of these models would drop several inches but looking at how stretched out the front end is that might not be a bad thing. Are there any other options out there that I'm overlooking that could pull double duty?

Who has converted a 125cc ++ size trail bike for kart tracks and how difficult is it to source the proper spacers, etc. to get aftermarket 17" wheels fitted.

Thanks in advance.