1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Dec 19, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Going to see it Christmas Day.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Saw it, don’t really care about it. Senile nine, glad to be done with it.

Star Wars, Empire strikes back, revenge of the Jedi, all very worthy in their original content due to the groundbreaking special effects when they came out. Of the new ones, only rogue one has anything close to a good storyline. The prequel’s, and the most recent three, or just total crap.

I still have yet to check out the Mandalorian, but I’ve heard good things.

Rebel635 likes this.
  3. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Typical Disney, they kept to their agenda and added an unnecessary nasty lesbian kiss at the end during a celebration scene, for all of your children to see.:mad:

StaccatoFan and britx303 like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Erm, just thought of Jurassic Park suddenly, old dinosaurs and all...

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just posted a vid in the Youtube thread that summarizes the whole movie rather well and if only a couple of minutes if you don't want to waste your time/money at the theater lol.

K51000 likes this.
  6. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good.

7. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Saw it over the weekend.
    It was about exactly what I expected - no more, no less.
    I was entertained. Which is what it's all about, anyways.
    Fun to watch & compare notes w/ 13y.o. Ronin Jr., as we come from equivalent - but far different - perspectives (I was 10 when the OG Star Wars debuted).

That's all I got.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So the good news (for Disney/Lucasfilm anyway) is that Rise of Skywalker was the #1 movie of the weekend. Getting $175.5 million domestically and $374 worldwide.

The bad news is that this is the lowest opening weekend of any SW movie of this new trilogy. The Last Jedi debuted with $220 million and The Force Awakens debuted $248 million. So it's not off to a good start comparatively speaking.

Senna likes this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Honestly think people are burned out. Between a new SW-themed movie every year, multiple major video games, two new Disney theme parks, new streaming properties (Mandalorian) etc. etc. etc........

A full two years of constant griping about the sour taste that Last Jedi left in most people's mouths and early word of mouth on this film certainly didn't help.

It has no signs of slowing down, either............Mr. Mouse gonna run this mother until the wheels fall off.

The Beer Hunter and jksoft like this.
  10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm taking my boys to see it. I plan to kick back and enjoy it. Don't really give a poop what others think of it.

It's just a movie.

Kev59 and speedluvn like this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just a movie. You sir do not understand the original three movies then. Just a movie. That’s like saying Gone with the Wind is just a movie. Well they took gone with the wind and made a sequel called “All gassed out”. And that’s what this new franchise is. They murdered our beloved Star Wars. Mickey hired a bunch of PC babies and murdered the series.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

How? Seems like the story line followed through. Stuff exploded and the good guys won.

dtalbott likes this.
  13. dtalbott

Waahh. Watch it, don't watch it, who gives a shit.

pscook likes this.
  14. dtalbott

The movie killed Starship Troopers.

The movie killed Lord of The Rings.

Notice both of those were based on books.

15. Quicktoy

Well first off, Solo was a feminist flick. Nuff said.

16. Quicktoy

Il
    lll watch eventually. I just won’t waste any money on them.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And in both cases, the books, without any remorse, murdered their respective movies?....

18. dtalbott

Backwards. The books were great. The movies butchered the books.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh ok.

I had that reversed convention, reversed...

dtalbott likes this.
  20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I just saw the movie this morning. Who is F’N interested in? Rose? Rey? Or the newly introduced star that he appears to
    Have something in common with?
    Not trying to spoil the movie