1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Granted, there are three sides to every story, but lets say he did make payment and they still cut him, would they have refunded that money back to him/his sponsors?

I do think it's quite shitty the way Avintia handled it by sending an email and then Xaus telling Karel to never talk to him again. What ever happened to sitting down with someone face to face and telling them they weren't needed anymore? Reminds me of dating in this day and age where one person will ghost the other and then a week later text them that they are done.

Senna likes this.
  3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I lost a lot of respect for Xaus.

4. dieterly

It’s beyond shitty and more like scorched women syndrome. Some guys are speculating that maybe Ducati put pressure on Avintia to get rid of him.

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Alex M not lighting the world on fire that's for sure. Slower than JLO would have been

6. dieterly

Last year same was said about Fabio in November testing, and of course testing is the same as racing to some people

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That Tammy Gorali interview (if it's the same one that is linked) could use some serious editing.....

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

He'll be fine. :)

Let's cast back to one year ago. FQ ran a 1:39.414 at the end of day 1 at Jerez. Alex ran a 1:39.413 today on a bike that's touted to be much harder to ride...

Quicktoy and rcarson15 like this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

MotoMatters doesn't usually cross post stuff like that (i.e., that bad). Maybe a translation issue?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Unless the attorney (who sounds like a lousy one) and team owner(s) instructed him not to communicate with Abraham.

Sucks all the way around but it was time for Karel to go. I think the same for the Avintia team but in the end, who cares.

badmoon692008 and backbone like this.
  11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Still faster than Brad Binder and Iker..

12. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Not really silly season news, but JD Beach and Josh Day are flying over to Tavullia to take part in Rossi's 100km race

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dammit! Where is my invite!!!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait at the gate, try to sneak in with the Americans.

masshole and motion like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Joe Roberts is going to be in it too.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'd have to figure J.D. has the skills to win that. He's nasty on a TT track.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. I used to be a huge Xaus fan. What a fucking bitch. Respond to a text message after you just lied to your rider you Bitch. I’m not a Karel fan by any means but he should smack Xaus like the girl he is.

The Great One and Senna like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. Just wow. I can’t fix stupid so can someone please help me here.

19. dieterly

I tried with my reply...

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. dieterly