1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2019 F150.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 8, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Just took delivery of a 2019 f150. It's got the 3.5eco boost and 10speed transmission.
    So far really impressed. Coming from a 2017 Silverado. I feel this truck is leaps and bounds ahead of the Silverado I was driving. The 10speed transmission is really impressive so far. Dont feel it shift and it will skip over gears and you dont even know it unless you are watching the indicator. Cant wait to see how it tows.
    For my first ford I'm impressed.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Which model trim did you get? Have they changed anything for 2019 besides the transmission? We have a 2015 crew cab with the same engine at work, but it's a 6-speed, and I haven't been impressed at all by it. It's a base model though, like an XL or something like that. I like my 2019 Ram 1500 better in every way, although I've never had to tow anything with the F-150 so I'm not sure how it compares on that.

3. assjuice cyrus

It's the XLT package. I dont think they have changed to much. I believe they redid the fuel delivery to help with the carbon issue building. up on the valves. I gonna say the 10speed is a game changer.

yzfpat likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Let's see how long this love lasts before found on road dead.

Congrats on the truck

Sent from my smatrfone

Sabre699 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You putting a toyhauler behind that thing?

Knotcher likes this.
  6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have them at work and all they do is break. A lot of electrical and brake issues and imo the 10 speed trans is annoying in town. They turn like a Mack truck too.

I will say this they are fast and cruise the highway very well at triple digits speeds at least our versons do.

good luck with it.

7. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Ive got a new Sierra AT4 with the 10 speed. If it’s anything like the GM version you’ll enjoy it. My 6.2 is butter smooth with it.

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Tightest turn radius of almost any truck. The 3.5 eb in my 13 is a beast. 115,000 miles, one of the turbos went but was uneer warranty. The alum body trucks friggin fly (loaner a couple times), noticeable vs my earlier body.. not a fan of the engine shut off at stop lights, but found if ya dont push all way on brake pedal it keeps running. (Hot as fuk summers its nice to keep the ac going).

9. assjuice cyrus

No

10. assjuice cyrus

Its a lease. I will only have for 2.5 years.:D

JBowen33 likes this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

Its does run. Wow. It shit all over my Silverado as it passes it.:beer:

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that stupid shut off feature was now showing up on trucks.....:eek:. Have they figured out a hack to stop that (other than coasting)?

13. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Get a Cobb tuner , you can disable the auto off button and it will turn up the boost a little . Well worth it IMO

BigBird likes this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We had a Toyota loaner car a few months back that you could disable the auto shut off, but I think you had to deactivate it every time you restarted the vehicle. The wife drove it the whole time so I’m not sure how she was shutting off that auto-off function. Same thing with that automatic lane centering/steering BS that pulled you back over if you got too close to the lines. Not sure if Fords can be deactivated, but seems like you should be able to.

15. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

My wife’s Grand Cherokee has that auto shut off, where you have to turn it off every time you get in as well. The shut off drives us both nuts. The A/C goes warm and the heat goes cold at stop lights. If it wasn’t still under warranty and I wouldn’t think twice about putting a tuner in it to get rid of that.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Does it void the warranty in a Fix or Repair Daily?

In the VW/Audi world once that's used, it puts an irreversible flag in the ECU that it has been programmed and you lose the drivertrain warranty.

Sent from my smatrfone

17. Livernoismororaports.com if you want to make an Xmas list for people to buy you stuff. Get a programmer for sure, heck on any vehicle now a days I’d get one.

18. For VAG group ECU’s that flag is actually reversible, well to put it a different way it’s avoidable was well. It takes some work but it is. Well so I’ve heard :) For some reason my wife’s 2019 q7 has no flags in the ecu.

19. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I picked up a 2019 Lariat crew cab 4x4 F150 three weeks ago, trading in my ‘04 crew cab f150 2wd. New truck has the 3.5 engine, and there’s a button on the center console to disable the auto-stop function. As others have said, transmission shifts like butter and I’m getting 22 mpg hwy on a new, tight engine. Hope to see 23 or higher once it loosens up a bit. Easily the quietest interior I’ve ever experienced. Quiet conversation at 80 mph is no problem. So far I love it! Old truck got 15-16 mpg and needed premium unleaded, this new one takes regular.

jbammin likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Auto shut off? What fucking genius innovated that shit-bird?