1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 17 | Phillip Island | Stoner Country | Oct 25-27

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 21, 2019.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Anyone but Crashlow...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fkn rins

upload_2019-10-27_0-34-20.jpeg

crazymofo and Phl218 like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

4. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Great race there for a bit.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Marquez owned that boy. He fuctimupbad.

Thank you Mir.

scottn and ShadowBoxer like this.
  6. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Did Lorenzo cross the finish line yet?

cpettit and turbulence like this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, that's mean. Separately, did anyone watch Moto3 warmup? Ontrack staff was interviewing teams and asking about tire choices, weather, etc. He asked this one guy, who I think was team principal, manager...the giggle that came out of this guy was really funny...he sounded borderline hysterical...

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Zarco was 40 seconds faster than JLo over race distance, beaten by Pol Espargaro on the factory KTM by one position.

Dovi still sucks at this track and Marquez is preparing his mind and equipment to win every race on the calendar next season.

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

As per usual Viñales owns all of practice and qualifying but can't deliver on race day.

Was it me or was the Yamaha even slower than Aprillia on the straight??

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Man. Great to see Rossi battling. Congrats to Jack. Sucks for Mav but he had to go for it. The Joker toyed with him all race constantly sitting up on the front straight. When he had to pull the pin it was a joke. Glad to see Cal look the devil in the face and smack him. They thought he’d never race after his wreck here last year. Pol got the last laugh today on Zarco but Zarco was ahead of Lorenzo by 20 seconds at half race distance. Wtf?!??
    Put Zarco on factory bike for last two rounds so Repsol can clench the team title too. They’re only one point behind Mission Ducati.
    I will say Petrucci was lucky Quat ran wide. As nasty as it looked, I think Quat broke a ton of his inertia after that nasty high side.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen a guy highside that far in a complete front somersault and shit luck hit another bike on the back of his head. He’s lucky to be alive.

Shocker, ShadowBoxer, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nicky Hayden. Not on the back of his head, but similar. Flew into another rider/bike without touching the ground first.

The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Marquez is unreal. Feel like I’ve watched the same race now four or five times with him just pouncing on the very last lap and motoring away.

I don’t think there’s any hope in 2020 for any other rider to consistently challenge. It’s going to take a shakeup with either new talent or existing riders moving to bikes that suit them better. Maybe Vinales on the promised weapon that Ducati is supposed to have for next year and beyond could do it as he seems to manhandle bikes around, but the dude struggles at the start of pretty much every race. Dovi seems broken out there.

ShadowBoxer and BigBird like this.
  14. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

That was an excellent race.

I wish that Quatararo would have been healthy and not got taken out by Petrucci.

pscook likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Marquez reminds me of Mladin at this point. His training level and talent level are unmatched. He doesn't care much about the celebrity part. He has zero respect for his teammates. He wants to win everything. I'm afraid this is going to last a few more years yet.

It will take someone to come into his team and beat him on the same bike. Good luck with that.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That move he pulled on Crutchlow where he pretty much banged him out of the way was crap. Especially with the championship already wrapped up. No need for that risky move from Marquez, but I guess that’s part of the reason he’s the champ.

nd4spd, pscook and BigBird like this.
  17. Quicktoy

If you’re on a Honda and Marquez is behind you, you should just move over. He was just reminding Cal like he did George. It’s not rocket science. Ludacris sang a great song about it. Something about doing 100 on the highway and getting the hell out of my way.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Did anyone catch the dig on George at the end of the press conference. Damn cold. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. Quicktoy

No. Missed it. Who said what?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I should clarify no respect "on track". After he retired Mladin had nothing but praise for Ben. I expect Marc is the same way, he loves competition. He just doesn't have any.