1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell - Garrett Gerloff to GRT Yamaha WSBK for 2020!

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 1, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

More like the team point total for the GRT Yamaha will be greater than the team point total for the Honda.

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I just found out about worldsbk.com. I payed for the subscription to be able to watch the last few SBK races but it's like the MotoGP app in that I can go back and watch all the stuff this season. It shows the 300, 600 and SBK races. I'll have it for the whole season next year and will be pulling for GG!

Dave250 and cav115 like this.
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I suspect that thats probably not likely anywhere in the near future.

4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Mike Hale situation in my opinion. Hope it doesn't turn out that way.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In what way? That the team/ sponsor screws him and he doesn't get paid?

6. Cawk Star

Wins less than handful MA/AMA superbike races and goes to non-factory WSBK team, blah blah blah. Like I said, hope it doesn't turn out in him getting spit out.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I know for sure the European Pirelli guys really want a American or two in the series! Go Garrett!

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. Cawk Star

It is awesome that we'll have another talented dude to root for!

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Laguna Seca next year. All eyes will be on Attack vs. GRT

evakat likes this.
  10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’d be willing to bet he will be on the box more than once in the coming year.
    That is a really good team he is going to, was told they had 8 pre season tests planned before Phillips Island so he should be pretty well prepared and ready to go
    When things fire off.

Newyork and scottn like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, none of us will know until he's in that crucible having his feet put to the fire to know just where he stacks up. Obviously neither Sandro nor Melandri set the world on fire on that team, and they are both former world champions.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks like GRT riders are in 9th and 10th and Pata is 3rd and 4th, is it the team or the riders?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know, but they were challenging the Pata guys in the first few races, if I remember correctly. Then they started looking like a satellite team.

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Marco has three podiums this year so the bikes can’t be that far off, and he is getting a little long in tooth...

15. Boman Forklift

Cool, I hope the team is good. I haven't watched any WSBK this year, since Direct TV dropped Bein.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. Boman Forklift

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

This is great news. So happy for Garrett and his family. They have worked so hard for so long.

It's great that he already knows the R1 so well. I'm sure the WSBK is a little different, but it's better than starting with an all new chassis to learn.

Several riders have shown that the bike can run at the front this year. Forget about Melandri, the guy weighs 120 lbs. Everything is too stiff for him.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One of the better titles for sure. But as you said, it's the beeb :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought he learned Spanish not Latin :D

Dave250 likes this.