1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BBT has more facts backing it tho :D

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I still see two hypothesis build largely on supposition and faith, likely both bullshit.

However, I am the first to admit I am no Scientist nor theologian.

Both Science and religion:
    Are theories
    Are preached by fanatics
    Are used to control people

Hard not to see them as the same.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I already conceded that point. That is working under the assumption that what science believes it has correct about how it functions is actually correct. There is a lot of room for error solving a problem that large.

cav115 likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why does it all have to start from nothing? Never understood that one. I'm good with the matter that makes up the universes having been here literally forever. Our existence just is.

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All I care about is that we keep asking questions and admitting when things aren't as we thought them to be. Ignoring measurable data that doesn't fit a narrative doesn't cut it for me.

SuddenBraking and Fonda Dix like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely. I can't imagine any human will ever totally understand everything. The more you find out the more you realize there is more to find out. On the god side the only things most point at as proof are things that can be understood through science, so the believers then find something else as their proof - then science sorts that out and they find something else again. That to me is silly, I totally understand those who just realize they can't prove god but know that believing makes them happy and they feel it makes their lives better. That is honest and makes perfect sense to me even if it's not something I personally need/want.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Genocide by immunity, I don’t think the Spanish were even that smart, hell germs weren’t even discovered. Go read a book.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always gotta keep asking and looking for more.

9. Chino52405

That's the crux of our human mind - I still cannot let go of where is here regardless of its ability to have always been.

This is why I very much believe in a creation and random model. The whole thing looks exactly like a high level experiment to see what comes from the properties and elements.

Religion and Gods concerning themselves with man is my disconnect on these things.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

These last so many pages is the whole reason this shit gets on people's nerves, the educated and the ignorant alike.

And, just to keep the ball rolling...

In the High Court...
    >Are you a witness to this event?
    <No.
    >Are there any witnesses to this event?
    <No.
    >:rolleyes:
    :crackup:Oh, yes they do...In the age of automotive downsizing... | Page 2 | 13x Forums You can start with posts #23 and #30.

Y'all should just become Buddhists. No God, no concerns for the past - you can't change it, no worries about the future - you can't know it, the only thing that matters is the present - you are wholly a part of that moment.

11. Chino52405

That was one incident and read what the Spanish did to them once they'd been weaked by disease. These "heathens" invited the Spanish into their midst as guests and paid the ultimate price for their hospitality.

Sorry, but you can't in any way paint the Spanish in the Americas as anything but brutal killers hunting for gold for the crown and Vatican.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So none of the scientists are religious? Cite please.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and they didn't consider the natives to be real people so they could justify killing them off. Granted that is a pretty normal excuse for most genocides.

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Starting this thread is a good example of enthusiasm on the subject.:D

again not making a statement either way here except that you don't see thread started the other way. And look at the enthusiastic posts absolutely condemning religion, versus the ones supporting it.

This was in response to HPPT comment about people coming to his door about religion...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  15. Chino52405

By looking at the stars are you able to view history in real-time?

16. Chino52405

Why would I cite a claim I never made?

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Again, there is history before and after the Spanish looked for El Dorado in the US.

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Nope. Even looking at our own star, what we're seeing happened 8.5 minutes ago.

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You wrote “the other side” is not searching for the truth and this is blatantly false.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I don't see people on a podium talking about they thank only themselves and their own hard work because there is no god and all people should stop believing :D

cav115 likes this.