1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That deserves an Acree Award.

2. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Perhaps CB and GB are "walking the walk, not just talking the talk" and living their beliefs vice lip service or simple convenience. Christians are called to glorify God with their lives and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. While it may seem "preachy" or "not what I want the hear at the end of an exciting race", is 20 seconds of inconvenience or discomfort on your part too much to ask to afford them the opportunity acknowledge their life's purpose?

MVA25 and G 97 like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Would you be equally supportive of a Muslim taking the bully pulpit at a trophy presentation to extol Allah and Muhammad for the gift of a race victory?

Rebel635, stk0308, scottn and 2 others like this.
  4. Yes.

Bruce, scottn and Wheel Bearing like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I was about to ask him if he would be equally accommodating to a racer who praised Satan on the podium.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go buy a bottle of water.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Ooh! Instead of playing the victor’s home country’s anthem, they played Mercyful Fate “Black Funeral”. :D

8. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

To answer the questions.... I probably wouldn't like it.

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

In fairness, I`ve only seen Cam and Garret be thankful for safety...

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Satan and God are the same? Huge difference between giving praise to God and giving praise to Satan.

11. nigel smith

I would contend that it is simply a matter of perspective.

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

IIRC, wasn't Satan an angel who went sour and was cast down from heaven?

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would contend that one perspective is based on good while the other is based on evil.

14. nigel smith

That is one side of the story, at least.

15. nigel smith

I am willing to wait for all of the facts to come out before I make that call. In the mean time, I try not to be judgemental about people's personal beliefs.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Led a rebellion against God because he was sick of being a servant and slave while God gave his new human toys free will.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it really is their life's purpose, then it doesn't just "seem" preachy, it is. I didn't sign up for a sermon when I subscribed to BeIN.

Laz and Gorilla George like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thank you. They didn't get to that level of detail in VBS. :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So wait, do you support someone spreading the word on what they believe in or not? Or is it about what you believe in?

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I hear "God dang it" and "Jesus F'n Christ" significantly more often than "thanks be to the Man upstairs for...".

Seems like many are quick to blame or want help when they get in a tough spot, yet don't think twice about it when things are good for them.

jd41 likes this.