Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yes I am. Although I'm a little less confident than I was a week ago. Last year, NJMP pole was 1:29.0 and I ran a 1:35 putting me about 6 sec off the pole, and I felt I could find more time (I always feel that way, FWIW). This weekend I struggled to get back to my 1:35 and was never really there consistently.

This year they were doing 28's in the first practice, 27's in Q1 and 26.4 in Q2. I qualified by less than 1/100th and got lapped on lap 9.

If we have the same situation at Barber, I will be focusing on Club racing next year. I am torn, I love the MA paddock and being a part of the big show. And it has pushed me to improve and I'm a much better racer than I would have been in 100 club race weekends-but getting lapped flat out sucks, no matter how you cut it. On the flip side, I will be spending the same amount of money traveling to the same tracks for the most part. So I guess it will depend on which side of the bed I wake up on during the registration window. The struggle is real!

Not really anyone's fault, though. There just are not enough of these bikes being developed yet where there is a consensus. Even Thermosman is a bit puzzled at some of the questions. There are some very smart people working on it, Robem / Matt Spicer, Andy Palmer, and a few others, but no two bikes are exactly the same, nor are the riders! Some of the bikes have cut frames, different shocks, links, at least 4 triple clamp options, wheels, etc. There are alot of variables.

Pitmom42, BigBird, No Brakes and 2 others like this.
  2. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

I’m in!! #makezx10rsuperbike #makeandrewleefactory

BigBird likes this.
  3. Superbikeorbust

I don’t see Yamaha pulling out. I know there’s people in the know that say it’s done. I’m a wait and see.

4. Superbikeorbust

How did everyone do with the picks?
    I missed one. Race one 600 I picked Gillim.
    So close.

5. What’s a hammer worth? We may be onto a fundraiser.

BigBird and K51000 like this.
  6. I’m up to 4th. I forgot a couple weeks that killed me but I’ve rebounded pretty good in my league.

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  7. I hope he does. He’s a good guy and hard worker. Y’all should be very proud.

8. Josh should’ve pointed to his helmet. “Want some of this?” :) that was a decent throw. Maybe Hayes was motioning to Meli “get em”

9. Ya. I’m making fun of it but it is uncalled for. I understand the dads frustration and anger but it doesn’t help your case any. I rewatched both races and I’m sorry but Gillim clearly was running into him deliberately. He doesn’t even finish his turn before yanking the bike up. And yes I watched him in the same turn other laps. MA should’ve done something on Saturday, maybe they did call him to the principles office and give him a talk, no idea. I still have a ton of respect for his ability, I guess that’s what makes this so frustrating as he has the talent to not need to do that stuff. This isn’t short track racing on 100’s. I hope he shakes this off and has a legit battle up front at Barber. I moved my flight to fly home Friday vs Saturday so I can go straight to barber from the airport. Guess I’ll have to bring the Zuma on back of the Jeep va golf cart.

r6boater likes this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Did SDKs left clip on get hung up in Hayden’s body work? It was hard to tell what happened from the live+ feed, but it looked like the left clip on was pushed forward making SDKs bike ride further left making the contact more severe. It might have even rode Hayden’s bike for a short distance.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Depends on who is on the receiving end..:D

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My pick was post #143 for the win.............:D

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. that does tend to happen when you are run to the very edge of the track, then into grass by a rider making a very ambitious pass .

If it was a single event, i don't think people would even question it as a thing.. but there have been a few other incidents of "well, that was a pretty hard pass" . I think i got blocked on FB by someone i highly repsect for even questioning the calls and implications of assault by SDK's father. Having seen the incident on the feed, and it's your kid that's been roughed up really hard on both days by HG (even if it's just really hard racing), i think shifting focus from cleaning up the passes, to assault by water bottle, when the "victim" is still in full roadrace leathers AND helmet were goin a bit far... oh well. Just opinions ya know ! we all got em.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

The recording doesn’t do it justice but I tried.

15. I think we may be on to something here. The one on the receiving end may even be in on the donation, all who added $ get to vote.

16. It was still uncalled and totally unacceptable for but I can see why he would be pissed. People saying it was borderline assault is almost laughable considering the other rider bumping into someone at speed. That part is downright laughable. Like I stated before I really hope this turns into a good rivalry that turns into some good aggressive, but clean racing.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

NJMP has axe throwing, that's got to be worth a few more points

rcarson15 likes this.
  18. We don’t want them dead, just “alerted”.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

From my experience, my N650 with ZX-6R forks handled like my '08 ZX-6R did, like a Mack Truck. I went back to the stock fork setup but with Gixxer internals and it was a night and day difference. The bike just turned so much faster and I saw why they said the Ninja 650 handled so well.

@G Dawg any insights?

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

hey...it was NJ...anything goes :D