Team USA?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lee#144, Jun 27, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

10" mound.

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Whoa, cowboy. I simply said basketball players don't set the bar for athleticism. Worded differently, they are not the at the top of the athletic food chain. You saying that's a 'dismissal' and 'laughably ignorant or disingenuous' suggests that you disagree, and you do think they're at the top of the athletic food chain. I don't have the energy to argue otherwise, and if you think basketball players are the peak of athletic condition and ability, you're entitled to that to that opinion.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whoa, cowboy. We caught it the first time.

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are arguing the age old "Hardest sport" bit. Every one is hard in its own right. Soccer, no doubt, takes an immense amount of athleticism. I think the argument was that their theatrics are beyond hilarious. I saw it with the women and rolled my eyes several times. The men take it from the ground floor to the penthouse though. I'm sure 20 gifs could be posted in about 30 seconds of google searching.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I didn’t have time to look up the exact measurements and as far as a 90mph curve ball it was a little joke. Glad you caught it. Relax dude. My overall point remains, I’ll leave you to fill in the exact details. Everyone else seems to get the point. LOL.

One other side note concerning MLB and athletes. When I was at Harley I managed the ball delivery bikes with the Milwaukee Brewers. So we would provided a couple of Harley’s that employees would ride out of the right field to home plate and deliver the first pitch ball to the umpire then continue riding along third base line and around warning track then back to right field. Two things still stick out. 1. Those ball players are huge when you are up close to them. Just big dudes. 2. Just how close the pitchers mound is to home plate, it’s very close when you are on the field.

Because Dave is a PIA.:D
    The pitcher's rubber is set so that its front edge is exactly 60 feet 6 inches from the rear point of home plate, and is elevated 10 inches above the rest of the playing field. The area of the mound around the pitching rubber is flat

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Did you expend all your energy sobbing, on your ass after a slight breeze blew past you?

7. Greenhound386

I totally did! And just as soon as I stopped, I read your comment, and now I am crying again. Dangit!

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hope you get a nap in to recharge so your superior athleticism doesn’t suffer.

9. Greenhound386

I don't have the energy (because I was crying) to go back in this post to see where I said anything about my athletic prowess. Can you go back and quote that for me so I can remember? Pwetty pwease?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

So I was 14” off. LOL

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We understand you are accustomed to always rounding up.

Banditracer and G 97 like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Trying to watch the ceremony thing

I didn't know it was going to be a liberal lovefest of chants and shit. Just bring em out already.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Marketing 101 :D

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Who throws a 90PMH curve ball?

Edit: Nevermind

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That is precisely what it has become. Disgusting.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly LOL.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gotdamn annoying.

Chicks look different in daisy dukes n jeans tho :p:bow: them some thick thighs up there boys.

Alex Morgan's booty look like two pitbulls fighting under the sheets.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

What a monumental embarrassment. :Puke:

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

This would be "my" sport, so I can certainly discuss. "Curveball" tends to be a rather broad term. A 12-6 curve? No, you typically won't see 90+. 80+ yes. A slider? Yes, 90+.

I've heard it said, arguably, that hitting a baseball off an MLB level pitcher is the hardest thing in all of sports to do. Also, keep in mind that while the mound is 60' away, by the time they release the ball it's closer to 50' away.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

What’s the deal with the dykes on bikes in the parade?