1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leftist Olympics 2020

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But it doesn’t turn a profit. Any time a PD has blatantly attempted to generate revenue via tickets (speed traps) they’ve been swatted down. Then you’ve got the whole asset forfeiture bs, which is probably on its way out too.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Any time? As in every time? Cite, please.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There is a certain level of generally accepted morality that makes society function. That level may be higher than some, but probably lower than most. Either way, it’s there, and I believe this falls within that zone.

You guys can cry all you want, but one way or another, a system like I describe will happen. You can anticipate it and work towards making it as effective as possible, or you can wait until the existing system falls apart and eat whatever shit sandwich (Obamacare) the government serves up.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ve successfully defied the ACA since it’s inception. No reason to believe I won’t have similar success at operating outside whatever the next legislative abortion is that you cheerlead for.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? the government does nothing but profit :crackup:

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's great you believe that - but it doesn't make it true or right for the rest of us.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wait? What is this generally accepted morality that’s makes society function? I mean according to you, if it weren’t for the police providing and protecting and allowing rights to the people, everyday situations and events would escalate into violence.

Oh and just because something happens doesn’t mean it’s good or beneficial for most. We are not debating whether it will happen or not as the government never gives up with trying to expand their scope. The issue is the merits and benefits of such a government program which has clearly previously been demonstrated that once again government intervention made things worse for the majority.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No they don’t. Government services are all expense.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yet in the paradise's of europe you have doctors that are killing people (dutch), having a queue of ambulances so the hospital can keep its on time rating (England), and rationing.

Sorry I am currently going through stuff with my parents over the last couple of years and the care has been amazing. Not perfect but our system is not broken. If we quit letting illegal aliens in odds are there would be even more money available to care for indigent Americans. Oh and it is illegal for emergency rooms to not treat someone now. Socialized medicine will not improve any of this.
    Your opinion for sure. However in other countries the number of people available has declined when price fixing started. Yes it takes years but then it would also take the same to fix. I am no way trying to denigrate the work that medical people do but if you don't think financial incentive is a driver to a large number then I believe you are delusional. Sure my opinion is not a 'study' but human behavior tends that way. Oh and talking to staff while I am in the hospital (over the last couple of years a LOT of time with my folks) I see nothing to change that. Lastly I know a Dr who openly states he would likely not have done it if he had to do over. And this is a guy who I would want helping anyone I care about as he is talented and morally above average in addition to smart and hard working.

Look into England and the changes in their system before you copy it.

13. sheepofblue

You work for just enough to survive or are you a greedy monster? Oh and before you say your job is not life critical.....would that not be a reason to pay you even less? :Poke:

14. sheepofblue

Cop comes in and works all week doing various services, week ends and he gets a check.....profit

All the people you hate do the same thing. They provide a service and get paid for it based upon a lot of variables including demand for the service and availability of those willing/able to provide it. Insurance is just risk mitigation by pooling risk. Everyone hopes to pay as little as possible and not need it (then whine for paying for nothing). The biggest criticism I have for insurance is not the insurance but the people thinking they need it. Prime example is extended warranties and other items where you should self insure.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That is not a profit:crackup: The wages paid to the cop, the doctor, or to me are expenses. The city, the hospital, or my company pay whatever is fair based on the market value of the services rendered. The difference is that the city only has to bring in enough money to pay for the work the cop does, with no expectation of profit. My company expects me to bring in significantly more than we spend so we turn a profit. The hospital should function like the police, not like my company because like using the services of the police, people don’t have a choice (no, use it or die is not a choice).

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So because of the need for a profit, your company
    demands that you do your best or they will find
    someone else who will do their best.
    Government has no need to profit and so there is
    also no need to do their best. Profit is not evil.

17. sheepofblue

Profit to the individual, you missed the point. The system has those that profit throughout. Yet you selectively pick slices of the system to express outrage while ignoring the rest.

Do you really think the ability for the hospital to profit (or for many break even in the case of a not for profit) has no impact on the ability to pay whatever is fair in the market? If you do, I will repeat that when you lower that number you lower what they can pay and thus the supply of those will to exchange their effort for the lower personal profit. If that is incorrect like you seem to imply why not just lower costs now? In theory Obamacare was pushing that yet cost of insurance and indirectly care sky rocketed. With stuff like vet care going up in parallel due to the law also.

Government can fuck up a gas can I do not want them in charge of my survival.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Revenue != Profit

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pigs turn people into bacon.