1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a worshiper but after seeing it I do wonder - how much did that influence Obama to do what he did with bribing them just to make sure Trump was wrong? :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What deal is that? Specifically please.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhhh - the bullshit UN deal that Iran was already ignoring and Trump said all along he didn't like.

Got ya.

So where is Trump mad about Iran reneging on that specific deal?

6. cpettit

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure that is helping your OMB point :crackup:

8. cpettit

National Security Adviser John Bolton told the Washington Free Beacon in an interview published Monday that the U.S. is willing to talk to Iran, but noted, "It's a very precarious situation." The interview was conducted prior to Iran's latest provocative announcement. Bolton said the Iranians are "acting as if it's the Obama administration and that they don't really fear American capabilities...They are in deep economic trouble in Iran as a result of the president's termination of the nuclear deal and the reimposition of sanctions."

This guy is much more of a problem than trump when it comes to the Iran situation. I was merely point out how comical it is that trump is doing the very same thing he warned America about Obama doing.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...I think it is safe to say Trump will respond quite differently than Obama and Iran knows it.

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The only way this f*cked up mess will ever get straightened out is if the Iranian people retake control of their country. The Imams know this and that is why they continue to make the US the bad guy. It is as it has always been that a dictator needs a foreign threat to keep his people in line. That leaves two options...strong opposition or weak cooperation. Obama tried the weak approach and that clearly didn't work.....

cpettit likes this.
  11. cpettit

Or we could just mind our own fucking business and take care of the problems people here face everyday.

50Joe likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

One should think beyond that platitude and look where that leads us. We tried that after WWI and before WWII. I would like nothing more than saying fuck off to the rest of the world but when that chicken comes home to roost it will be a terrible thing.
    I'll add that that is what most of the rest of the free world is doing. Those wimps are sitting back and letting us do the heavy lifting. NATO is a sham, almost as useless as the EU bureaucracy in making any hard decisions.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Kind of funny that Iran all of sudden is about to exceed its limit.

Anyone who thinks that Iran was/is ever going to play by any rules is as foolish as the media that bought into Obama’s Iran deal.

They just want more cash. Maybe Germany will help them sponsor terror this time since Obama is out.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That approach works on the assumption that problems elsewhere have zero impact here. And as an aside, how much more do we need to spend here on problems no one really wants to fix?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not seeing him doing remotely the same thing and being that blunt is Boltons job. He's currently the stick, Trump or someone else can play carrot, or bigger stick depending on how they want to play it.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's funny they've totally ignored what Trump did with Kim Jung Cuckoos bid for more dollars.

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Maybe they only get CNN over there. :D

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

This made me chuckle.
    upload_2019-6-19_21-21-54.png

sheepofblue, auminer and BHP41 like this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula