1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Boom! Turner found an extra level of motivation that last lap, he’ll be faster the rest of the season. And the Duc was fine up top. Not as fine as the AP Motoart bike, but fine. Great friggin twins race! Get MA Live + and watch it! Parrish will be harder to beat from here on out, he gave the class a break this weekend, don’t count on that again.

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Congrats mesa. That was fantastic.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Congrats to Draik.

Also congrats to Danny and Kris. Didn't end the way you wanted but definitely something to build on.

r6boater likes this.
  4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I think it was clowning around. "Yo dummy, I'm over here". I'm pretty sure they were both laughing in their helmets.

5axis likes this.
  5. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

The racing this weekend in all classes at this level was some of the very best to be found anywhere on this big hairy planet.
    Would love to see some match races with the boys from Europe.

Dragginass likes this.
  6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The announcers finally noticed it, but I first saw it at VIR that Draik's front wheel looks all tweaked.

r6boater and drop like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I tried to see it when they brought it up, didn't see it though.

8. That May crashed? :)

9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Yep,that section of the track feels really narrow and with the way it turns you can get pinched off pretty easy.

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

It really depends on the camera angle and I first saw it at VIR when they had the shot on the front stretch going into 1. It looks like the forks and wheel are skewed to the left at an angle as if the headstock is tweaked (maybe they built up a wrecked FZ07?). It's hard to notice at first, but then its like when you first notice the arrow in the FedEx logo, it's all you notice afterwards.

Obviously it doesnt seem to bother Draik.

11. The pass on Dumas going into 1 about lap 4 was awesome. Very clean pass and Dumas was probably thinking wtf? He was about 15mph faster on entry.

12. Actually I think he did a pretty good job firing back at Josh. We didn’t see all the motions of Josh beforehand, Tony was just telling him not so fast my friend. That’s why tony sped up to catch up to him and as you saw at the end it did calm josh down and made him realize him getting all worked up was not warranted.

13. The entire weekend was some of the best racing (the overall weekend) that I can remember in at least 10 years. There was good racing in all classes, none of them were a snooze fest.

r6boater likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Me looking for all the Suzuki jokes :cool::beer::moon:

Where y'all at? What's wrong?

[​IMG]

t11ravis likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm having trouble understanding why May was on the ZX10. I thought hehe switched to the S1000RR, doesn't BMW pay better convincing anyways?

16. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Congrats to Draik, Kurtiss, and the AP MotoArts ctew! Resized_20190602_163225_8144.jpg

17. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Anyone hear the Wayne Rainey interview about other manufacturers looking at the series for next year?

drop likes this.
  18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

The boys from Europe would slaughter us like they have since Spies left. Don't let domestic battles between the same old people scew your perception of reality. The gap between us and Europe is getting worse every year and there's no end in sight.

Gorilla George and aaronson like this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

One can only make so many BNG jokes...call us when they when a big boy title like WSBK or MotoGP. It’s only been 26 years since Kevin won them something of value.

20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No doubt, plus top four are separated by 6 points in the championship!

r6boater likes this.