1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. I was asking the pro-lifers to make that distinction.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know what a severe mental disorder is. They may not think like you or I but they do think and react and are alive.

A forming human life is not yet a human life. Even the words you use say what I am saying but you don't see it.

I've said MY opinion is when the baby is viable outside the womb without major medical care. No, not the normal food and care babies need. I have not said when the exact moment is because I do not know. I think the current abortion laws err enough on the side of safety that they work just fine. The new ones that'll never go anywhere are going to the other extreme to prove some sort of point that makes no sense.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Murder laws are to punish people. They don't actually preserve anything.

Cool on the rest.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Sadly, extremists have taken over both sides of this issue thus rendering it impossible for compromise or progress.

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So let's compromise and not progress?

Want an abortion? Do so within the laws.

Don't want one? Don't volunteer for one.

Newsshooter and SuddenBraking like this.
  6. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Where does it “tu

So by your logic, if I know someone that is in a comma(and I do before we go down that rabbit hole), I can kill her even if I knew she was going to come out of it in nine months?

7. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

From your second sentence, Can’t the same thing be said of the “clump of cells” that grow into a human?

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

black sanicle root was used by native Americans to abort babies. Slivers of slippery elm were used as a mechanical abortifacient - much like a coat hanger.

Virginia Mountain mint was used by natives in early pregnancy to bring on menstruation...

Mugwort reportedly terminates pregnancy, as does blue cohosh.

Abortion was a dirty business in the past and A potential death sentence if they were caught - but women still chose what man was able to spread his seed. Is it ego involved here? Or an actual desire to save human lives???

I have no idea the answers to those questions. All I know is a group of hypocrites is telling women their only purpose is to breed. It takes two to tango.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Do you have a personal line after which an abortion is no longer an option? The Alabama law is a direct consequence of laws like the one recently celebrated in New York. As Fonda said, extremists prevent the rest of us from finding a middle ground.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A. When it is convenient.
    B. When the evidence is so overwhelming that the decider would seem hopelessly stupid without calling it human.

11. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Umm what?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you talked to many of those through their caretaker's belly? If so, someone get me out of this giant uterus now!
    Can the government force people to take care of someone who's not their child? (I don't know the answer to this one)

13. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

I have to leave this for now. Time to enjoy this beautiful Saturday with my family and put my damn phone down. Interesting talk. It was actually pretty civil on both sides.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You axed the question "when?"

15. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

I see.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Don't know why I clicked into the girl power thread. :mad:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you know someone in a comma yes. In a coma no, that's when neuro stuff comes into play.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at all.

19. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Do they still have a heart beat? Because if we argue that, A baby’s heart starts to beat before it’s brain develops.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The New York law is moronic too.