1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seatbelts

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Today is “Click it or Ticket” day in Missouri and probably other places. Roughly 2/3 of traffic deaths are people not wearing seatbelts. WTF? What kind of moron wouldn’t wear a seatbelt? What excuse could you possibly have?

SteveThompson and stk0308 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It chafes my nipple piercings and causes uncontrollable arousal, which leads to distracted driving, which as we all know is the mostest dangerous thing since rabid flying sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads were weaponized by the Scot separatists.

K51000 likes this.
  3. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I never used to wear a seatbelt. Hell, sometimes I didn't even have doors on my Jeep. My buddy almost fell out once, but he was kind of drunk. Haha.

I'm not sure why, but I guess it didn't seem necessary. I started wearing it when they started handing out tickets.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Well there are other automotive safety issues at hand also. In Florida you can rocket down the interstate with no shirt, or helmet in your cargo shorts and flip flops with your babe in her bikini wear on your "Hog" but you must have eye protection on. And people worry about "cagers" and their safety straps.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yet school buses don't have them.

I never understood that.

ducnut, Chris, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Inertia. Seatbelts aren’t required in vehicles over a certain weight because they’re unlikely to be involved in the types of accidents seatbelts protect you in: sudden stops and rollovers. Although from what I understand, lots of school busses now have them.

7. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I don't wear a seatbelt so I can get out of the car easily if I'm in a crash.

8. rwdfun

rwdfun

Because I don’t plan to get into an accident and they aren’t available on motorcycles

Move this to the dungeon to discuss further

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

liability.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hell with that! So I can GTFO easily just before the crash! :D

Prospect likes this.
  11. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

My father in law doesn't wear one because his brother was racing his vette, crashed and died with his seat belt on. So, if his brother died with one, why would he bother wearing his. Still shake my head when I hear that story.

K51000 likes this.
  12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Does anybody ever?

I'm glad I was raised that a vehicle doesn't move unless every occupant is buckled up. My old man wouldn't turn the key until we had our belts on, and that's the way I am with my kids.

Luckily they don't even think about it anymore, they just do it.........which is how I've been since I was a kid.

MikeR, RichB, motoboy and 1 other person like this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You’ll get out alright. Right through the windshield.

MikeR, Steeltoe, acorn27 and 2 others like this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've never found it at all difficult to release a seatbelt.

stk0308 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I get bitched at by my eldest if I back out of the driveway without having my seat belt on.

I tell her once she starts doing what I ask her to do, I'll start doing what she asks me to do.

Still doesn't work. :p

masshole likes this.
  16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Even when you're drunk? :Poke:

17. There was a skydiving aircraft crash back in the 70s where the majority of skydivers weren't wearing belts. Most of them ended up in the back of the plane, smooshed into an unrecognizable mess. The few who wore belts survived. with minor injuries. The injuries were caused by the unbelted skydivers hiting the belted skydivers on their way to an ignoble death. Physics, and shit.

18. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Well, clearly, the speed and “physics” is identical to a car. :rolleyes:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even then...from the passenger seat only, of course.