1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seatbelts

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 11, 2019.

1. None. Never trust pilots. They only think of themselves. The landing crash was awful. Fucking pilot climbed over us to get out while the left motor burned.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Friends? Charters? Airlines? Come on, man. Details.

3. All three were skydiving aircraft.

First was a Cessna that lost the Jesus nut on takeoff. We never made it off the runway.

Second was an Aviocar CASA that was overloaded, and had a fuel glitch on takeoff. We impacted the terrain at the end of the runway .

Third was a King Air that had an engine fire at rotation. Pilot tried to bring us around, impacted short of the runway. The left engine exploeded on impact. Two people were seriously injured.

Oh, and I was in a CASA that stalled at altitude, turned upside down. That was fun too :D (youtube thread)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So that's when you retreated to the safety of motorcycle racing? :D

5. Yes. Seriously - yes.

HPPT likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

...and then there is the marriage crash. Few escape those without damage.

7. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Being a firefighter, I've responded quite a fair number of car crashes. Um, yeah, wear the seatbelt.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You gotta take 'em balls deep.

:D

Seriously though You need to post a PSA when you are getting on a plane. One I can see flying again, but 2 and I'd be driving everywhere I needed to go.

9. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I was in a horrible accident years ago where I went through a telephone pole sideways at over 100mph. Not wearing a seat belt I was ejected out the back window (civic hatchback) at impact. Car was cut in half. Engine was in drivers seat. When fire company arrived and found me in woods with two severely broken ankles they said someone up top was watching over me. Find out later that they said if I was wearing my seat belt i most likely would have been cut in half. I was in a wheelchair for a while but didn't have a scratch on me other than the ankles. That was one of those freaky things but after that I used to not wear my seat belt and as I became older and wiser I realized that more times than not a seat belt will save your life! Plus I have been one of the lucky ones to get a ticket for not wearing one. I now wear my seat belt..

MikeR likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You can’t ever get in my plane. Nope not gonna do it

stk0308, HPPT and R Acree like this.
  11. ChemGuy

Never underestimate the human minds ability to DGAF.

I think like 20-30 p pole who crashed into the Hudson got on flights later that day. Like a boss.

12. ChemGuy

Oh. I thought you meant real planes. Like planes that aren’t held together with duct tape, spit and hope.
    That’s fine then. You can fly in my plane anytime.

Show me a well maintained jump plane and I’ll show you a DZ about to go broke....lol

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well if Gino deems them as 'flyable', is that good enough?...

:D

badmoon692008, MikeR and Banditracer like this.
  14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

There is good evidence that, if nothing else, there is a God for the idiots.

I'm pretty sure he saved everyone of us at least once at one point in our lives....

wheelz96 likes this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hi Bob!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I knew a dude long time ago I remember who swore he wouldn't wear a seatbelt and that they caused injuries because so and so got in a wreck and the belt blah blah blah.

Some years later a mutual friend told me this same guy got in a bad accident. Some lunatic came speeding the wrong way down an exit ramp and plowed into him. True to his word he didn't have his seatbelt on. Somehow he survived, disfigured presumably from eating the wheel/dash/windshield and permanently disabled. I saw him a few times since. Looks like Kiefer Sutherland in the film Highway after the girl shot him in the face.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One of his many memorable contributions.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes, yes it is. :crackup:

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Mental note: NEVER get on a skydiving plane with I'm with stupid.:crackup:

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hell, I wouldn't even share an Uber with him...