1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh yeah there are some, but they don't stand out yet :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Just watched SB race 2 .. holy lapers Batman. The guy is Canadian.. but DAYUM.
    Awesome for Matt S. ! ! I know Ed, Chuck and the gang were all smiles.

418 and G 97 like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was praying something like this would happen. One for increasing the competitiveness at the pointy end and two, to witnessed the ensuing fall out. Win-win. :D

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

mpusch likes this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

no, it’s got a couple hundred RPM’s over the rest of the bikes...

in all seriousness, i want one!

G 97 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So I'm curious. Of the top lets go with the top ten in Sundays race but add in Kris since we know he did - which riders needed a new master?

Curtis did. What about Barney? Parrish? Draik? Madama? The M4 bikes? Going to guess Tigert knew coming in based on the posts here. How about Bays, Lillegard, Hofman?

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

The guy announcing on MAlive with Roger, wasn't helping. Ever other sentence was something about how fast Barney's duc is, how he didn't even need a draft, 10mph faster (not true), yadayada

G 97 likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not going to rule book now and read it but they all start with stock bike. I am sure it says somewhere what can be changed from stock, usually it will say if not listed it must be as homologated. Stock bike is homologated as complete stock bike.

9. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Not bad. Could have been a lot worse, I got tangled up with Verderico trying to get by him through the esses. We touched big time and ripped my front fender off, somehow saved it and ran off - couldn’t keep it upright in the mud.

Need to crank out some new fender mounts and figure out how to re-mount a winglet, we should be good to go for this weekend.

Currently on a plane back to Arizona with a fuel tank in my checked luggage to try to improve it at the fab shop for COTA

noles19, cBJr, 05Yamabomber and 3 others like this.
  10. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

So she had automatic technology last year and FS2 took it away. Not helpful, FS2!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, was afraid looking at the replay you got tangled with someone. Sucks but I was glad to see a relatively light impact given your spares at this point.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

MA took the entire setup in house (overall very good for them) so not even an issue with FS2. They'll get it straight.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

People have very short memories. AMA had a 750 super sport class back in the day with full factory participation. Until Daytona 1996 and the introduction of the Suzuki gsxr 750. It wasn’t too long after that, a couple of other factory teams pulled the plug on their efforts while several privateers soon abandoned their Kawasaki’s and Yamahas and bought Suzuki’s. Same thing applies here. Either you adapt or you get your teeth kicked in. Chose wisely. :D

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Hoffman had to source one. I don't know about the others.

These five were all DQ'd from Q1 due to being fitted with equipment not approved, so I guessing they didn't have one sourced by then.
    Kris Turner
    Ray Hofman
    Joshua Thomas
    Robert Fisher
    Clifton Ramsdell

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Can you smell the fuel in the cabin of the plane? :)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So Curtis got his handled based on tech and then only another 6 of the 39 riders had an issue? Huh.

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Ten four. To my knowledge the Wera rulebook doesn't say you can put air in your tires or paint your bodywork but that's still allowed. Just wondering where the line is. I guess its pro racing vs club racing.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Actually very helpful feature, one side of the switch allows her to talk to the producer and the other takes her live. Makes her life much easier, no guessing where your mic feed is headed, just takes some getting used to.

Not all change is bad y’all...

2OLD2BFAST and Joe Remi like this.
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Tech was thurs evening. We got the word out and bunch of people swapped out masters that night, or went out in morning practice and swapped them out before the afternoon q1. Those that were busted said "fuck it" and went out with the Brembo knowing they still had q2. It wasn't a mad scramble, just an unwelcome surprise.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Actually - I was thinking with the "Ducati Cheater bike" assertion , this sounded like a typical CCS LW discussion.:D