1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's only race 1.

It's only race 1.

It's only race 1.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because I watched it on FS2 and Bein was as good or better. :rolleyes:

Because I hate watching racing on my computer. So, I should pay $50 and be forced to watch a single additional race that I care about (I don't care about the twins)? How about a fuck you and a no to that.

CharlieY and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My favorite part of the race was Hannah Lopez "You were riding great. Until you weren't."

Damn girl lol :crackup:

rcarson15 and Britt like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That was funny, wife and I both burst out laughing when she said it. :crackup: :clap:

5. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Lopa (or Wyman I guess), but that awesome :crackup:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and how in the holy monkey shit is putting (arguably) the best race of the weekend (600s) a pay to watch site growing racing? Only the most hardcore fan is gonna pony up the $50 in order to watch it leaving the casual channel flicker who might get hooked if they stumble across it without the ability to see it.

Come on man.

Put the twins, the stock 1000s and the luqui Molly juniors on the $50 site and get the 600s on FS2 with the superbikes.

Mot Okstef and CharlieY like this.
  7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Wish there were betting lines for these races. Maybe I’ll start working on Handicapping racing and trying to get one of the books to produce lines.

I checked at two books in Vegas but they weren’t producing any lines. Get some degenerates in Vegas casually betting on racing and the races up in the books would be interesting. They do it for other Motorsports and this time of year the books can be a little dead because all the have are ponies, baseball and futbol that people are really watching. Throwing a 2 hour session up on Saturday and Sunday with some fun prop bets and bam you got 21 laps of fun!

SuddenBraking and jksoft like this.
  8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Agree. I’ll pay the 50 but gotta put your best product out there.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

That was a great line!

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Yep. 6 bikes that could win.. 15 total. The race to watch was 600s and twins...

11. Joe Remi

I presume the 600s will be in the highlight show on NBCSN next weekend. Not great, but you couldn't have convinced a network honcho last year that Supersport was worth a damn in a TV package.

12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Considering the hours of your life you spend on a message board for club racing, your attitude is fucktabulous. Your grumpy schtick doesn't play well considering the platform from which you're speaking. The lwt guys joke, but considering the number of them that race MA, and post here, it makes your attitude particularly douchey.

A lot of us would pay the $50 to support the series even if it was shit, but the product MA is selling is awesome. But you do you, buddy. And get an iPad linked to your TV if your cataracts are bothering you, grandpa.

Gino230, alan, badmoon692008 and 10 others like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well gawd damn great for you! You want a congressional medal of supporting the sport?

I've made no bones about it. I don't like the twins, I don't think it should be a pro class but, 37 riders on the grid disagree with me.

Your argument for watching the races on a pay to watch platform was stupid. It won't grow the sport, it won't bring in new fans and it sure as shit won't save roadracing.

aaronson likes this.
  14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Is the twins race on the app, i couldnt find it.

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

MotoGP and WSBK disagree with you. But what do they know? I guess they need more posts on a clubracing message board to understand.

rcarson15, turbulence and drop like this.
  16. Joe Remi

Dude, Rainey is trying to rebuild after DMG shitcanned the series. Live on FS2 is decent, highlights on NBCSN is ok, and the very small fan base of true believers get the whole weekend live for 50 (now 70) bucks. Sure, I preferred the beIN Sports coverage, but nobody could even find it. The packages this year are a step up for the series.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

39 riders .

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lol not only that but you get 50% off race weekend tickets if you bought the app... so it’s basically free if you actually attend a race...... to support the sport.

Dragginass and Hoffman900 like this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but bein didn't cover practice did they. A solid 6 hours today without one glitch. Perfect as far as I'm concerned. And the different announcers were fantastic

turbulence likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You are comparing apples and oranges to onions. Motogp is huge, second largest followed motorsport in the world. WSBK is no where as close but still, has tens or hundreds of thousands who will pay to watch it.

Motoamerica has a small but hardcore fanbase but it is tiny. Really, how many people tune into the live broadcasts on FS? How many more are going to pay something as small as $50 to watch all the races? Let's say it's a hit and 5000 buy it. $250K is pretty good money but really, are there 5000 who are going to pony up?

You know what's going to save the sport and grow it? Cash! and not just red bull or monster money (I got a feeling they will be forced out sooner or later). No, insurance company money. automobile companies looking for the sports base and spending cash. Companies that spend $5 ~ $10 Million on a stupidbowl ad. Mother fucking, cold hard, make you slap your grand ma levels of cash.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    aaronson likes this.