1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope sadly she puts the idiot to useful idiot with a ferver seldom seen.

2. sheepofblue

You left out limited market. It is not like you see people going to lunch at the airport that are not flying nor would you if food was cheaper.

3. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I swear this is how the old dems plan to take the party back. Let them have the spot light they will run themselves out of office.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Answer E - all of the above. Plus the kickbacks to local officials to even get a concession there.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I've done that meeting with people at ATL outside of security :D

Overall though you're correct. What I don't get is why people don't bring food with them, drinks sure but food/snacks are legal through TSA. I take beef jerky a lot.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I bring snacks and a water bottle that I fill. Most airports now have places to fill bottles past security (besides the drinking fountain - yuck). You can bring some packets of something to put in your water if you want electrolytes, sugar, flavor, caffeine or some combination of those. The little Mio bottles can go in your 3-1-1 ziplock as another alternative.

If I need a full on meal, I usually just buy it. I don't mind paying a bit more than I would outside the airport if the food and service are good. Another cost not mentioned for airport retailers is security. Even the cooks, people busing tables and washing dishes need to have security clearances and those cost money in both the application / investigation costs and higher wages.

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Pro tip: sealed mini bottles of your favorite liquor are legal through TSA in any quantity your liver sees fit. Waltz on through with a half dozen mini Jacks and grab an overpriced Coke at the McDeath inside (or Chik Fil A at a less pussified, non politically correct airport) and you're on the way to your happy place. Personally I prefer to just pour Jack straight over ice in a Mickey D's cup and call it a day.
    You're welcome. :D

sharkattack likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And here goes the thread creep again!
    :crackup:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I don't drink when flying, even when it's free on the plane. I do take an empty stainless water bottle with to fill at the airport. Usually if it's at meal time we will say screw it and grab a sammich from Chik or McD's. The upcharge isn't too too much really. I also tend to buy coffee for the 7am out of Vegas flights back home.

12. sheepofblue

But were you or them flying through? I would guess yes as just getting in and out while parking at ATL would make it a scary bad lunch venue. (of course Atlanra is a no go zone for me anyway due to all the people)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were on a layover. They'd schedule their flights so we could meet at a relatively sane time to drive down to ATL and back. Can't imagine anyone meeting there for food without at least some of the party flying :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Life Hack! :clap:

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to assemble all these pearls of wisdom into a book. They're hidden all over the place around here like money taped behind paintings.

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

gixxerreese likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

One thing to know is that if you bring a box of protein bars they will definitely search your bag. Apparently the bars have the right density to show up on the scanner as something that could be explosives.:crackup:

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

All depends on your fiber intake I guess... ;)