Dungeons and Dragons

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Apr 2, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well get ready for surfing as a sport in the 2020 Summer Olympics then according to the commercials I have seen.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Olympics need a reboot. Get rid of all the nonsensical bullshit that's been added over the years and get it back to basics.

Sorry, BMX, anything involving a horse, involves any boat other than one with oats, has synchronized in its name and that race walking BS need to go.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nope, never played it. I was getting laid instead:D

ClemsonsR6 and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yep, started playing as a young adult when I had a job with a fair amount of travel. One of the sites I went to had a "pick up" game for whoever was in town. Still try to play, but wife and I both have a work schedule that makes it tough. It can be a great thing for younger folks who aren't into "normal" stuff to get to socialize a bit. Also, in these days of blank stares into phones and tablets, a chance to do something in person with real people. And, like motorcycling, you meet some interesting characters...

backcountryme and motoboy like this.
  5. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Hung out heavily in groups that did, spent nearly 2 decades working the renaissance festival. I never played it though, I just couldn't do the roll playing thing.

Zelda - Link to the Past.
    That was my nerdy jam... still is come to think of it. I break that game out when COD starts giving me anxiety. :P

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fencer likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there will always be the "i didn't play d&d, i had friends" and "d&d was for the nerds that didn't know how to socialize" .. the reality of it is this role playing game required 1) friends 2) an higher level of ability to socialize than most any x-box or plug in TV/computer game or even many sports.
    you had to discuss, plan, strategize, imagine, etc. with a small group of others, for hour and hours at a time.
    just sayin..

Fencer and cha0s#242 like this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep...while sitting in a basement:D I did all the stuff you mentioned with friends outside.

scottn likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So it was a job. With no pay.

I'll take the grass stains and skinned knees, vitamin D and girls in bikinis at the beach of my youth, thanks.

scottn and brex like this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Change is good. :D

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Why do I find that statement hard to believe?!

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I had the best time playing AD&D with my friends as a teen. I'd do it again in an instant if I had the freedom and time.

backcountryme likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's AD&D? "I roll my twelve sided die and . . . look, a squirrel!"

brex and scottn like this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. For mothertrucking hardcore nerds, yo.

15. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  16. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

What! I am shy!

Unless there is a keyboard or a controller involved - then all bets are off, you can't see my ugly mug.

17. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I was always too busy with the T&A to play D&D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Played some as a tween, really liked it and had dice and some base stuff but never truly got head over heels into it. Fun times and it absolutely is a social game.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Closest I ever got is watching Big Bang Theory.

scottn, Jedb and baconologist like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wish I could order dinner every night like those guys do. Even if it meant being social :D