1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm 100% sure that I would kill myself or others if I did that.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Nothing but excuses, guess with no ability to back up the bullshit you get comparisons to a pickup and more insistence the koolaid is yummy.

3. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Excuses for what? you haven't shown me an electric truck I can buy now, or one that I could have bought in 2017 that could be used as a daily driver. You also haven't been able to tell me why comparing a daily driver to a daily driver isn't a valid comparison. You've also seemed to glossed over the same comparisons I've made for the EV to Civic. Not sure what excuses you're seeing with the numbers.

pscook likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

So how do you feel about crosssfit and Scinetology? :D

Newsshooter likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well, as a vegan....

6. Trunxgp1224

Nothing much about scientology, although I did attend some Christian Science services to see what it was about.

I'm really intrigued by crossfit, I really like the idea of utilizing real world compound movements into workouts but I think there needs to be more oversight into proper technique. I see way to many people trying to just get the movement done at any cost and it leads to injury. If you really want an insight to some of the crazy shit the pros can do there are a few documentaries on netflix and prime that go behind the scenes of the Crossfit Games.

In Your Corner likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

And don`t bet against taxes for the full electrics for "environmental" reasons if they become more mainstream.

Where does that electric come from??:D

8. Trunxgp1224

My electric comes from Coal, NG, and Homer Simpson. I looked into solar but I'm paying less than .08/kwh so it's not really worth it right now.

Lithium isn't the problem, otherwise people would be bitching about computers and cell phones as well. Right now Cobalt is the problem, and Tesla batteries are heavy in cobalt compared to other brands chemistry.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I like how you have convinced yourself that you haven't been charged for access to Tesla superchargers...

10. Trunxgp1224

The cost was built into the car when purchased, actually It wasn't really built into the car price. When they stopped the free supercharging the price of the cars didn't go down. So either they considered it a freebie to get people interested or they screwed over everyone since 2017

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ask Nikola Tesla

cav115 likes this.
  12. Trunxgp1224

Ironically enough, there are wireless charging options out there.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

How much was that Tesla new and how many miles would I have to drive in a civic to equal the cost of the tesla, which is the point I'd be SAVING money buying the tesla? Based on the cost of driving my Focus which cost 13K 5 years ago, it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 years on my current amount of driving.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just to keep things on a level playing field.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Chris likes this.
  16. Venom51

That's what I said..

17. Venom51

Right...the future masturbation project for the 3 guys that will be able to afford it.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't care who can afford it, it's purty.

jksoft likes this.
  19. Venom51

Oh yeah...but not exactly in the spirit of the current discussion. Someone is busy trying to prove how much money can be saved by buying a $47,000 and up price tagged electric vehicle.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:Poke: