1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want a Nicky Hayden fairing?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Dec 12, 2018.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Are they donating to his charity?

turbulence likes this.
  3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Selling for a down payment on a house lol

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They can Keep it for 1/5rh the asking price.

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Would be cool to have. I'd be a bidder if it was for charity, or at least 50/50 charity and owner.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, not into someone making money from his death. Wouldn't even be asking that much if he were alive.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, it’s a piece of a motorcycle part. If it were something that NH actually wore and was an item that was actually his like a glove, leathers, helmet etc. but a piece of plastic of a a bike really doesn’t have a lot of meaning, to me anyway. And for sure a little tacky considering.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Cool but not $5000 cool in my opinion.

9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

It says it was a personal gift from Nicky. cant be that hard to figure out who owns it.

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That makes it really f`n tacky.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, fuck that guy.

vizsladog, ZimZam and sdg like this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:confused: How so? Unless I’m missing something, that tells me it could be anyone from a struggling family member of his to some fan with VIP passes one weekend?

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I don't get it. Some dude is selling an item of value on the internet. Entirely possible that the sale is not what the guy wants to do, but what he needs to do to raise funds. Why the hate?

SuddenBraking and G Dawg like this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Everybody has an opinion.

If it truly is a friend of his and if he really knew Nicky and was a friend, I personally would find another way to make money.

Anybody that really knew him and was truly his friend would not sell it off for cash.

IMHO

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can think of several situations that would make me sell something I value highly...a sick family member with high medical bills, paying for my child's college for example. In fact, I think Nicky would be fine with the sale under those circumstances.

G Dawg, aaronson and cav115 like this.
  16. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Because a crashed fairing that any of us with a pit pass and half way decent schamoozzing skills could get that for free at a race, which is exactly what this guy did....now he thinks essentially a piece of trash is worth 5 grand and is using some sob story of buying a house as a reason to sell. In fact, he’s just delusional as there was no story of purchasing a house 2 weeks ago when he put it up for sale the first time.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then he is a fool and won't get his money. Market forces and all that.

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

As I said just my opinion.
    And I would agree with what you said in that situation too.

I guess I'm pretty cynical about people's motives these days just from what I see in society.

Not that I couldn't be wrong.:D

19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Just says it was a personal gift... not directly from Nicky... at least not where I saw it posted...

vizsladog likes this.
  20. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Yo I got a bunch of sewing stuff from my dead mom, lowest bid takes it all!