1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

As a student of body language, I can tell you that picture speaks volumes.

She is ripe for the picking to be a puppet of a powerful Dem. I would zero right in on her and start installing my strings.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Why not? If I’m coming spending billions why not see what city is going to give me the best deal for my investment and long term contributions in tax revenue? 150k average employees are going to put a lot back into the government bank account through income sales and property taxes. They’re going to create a large ripple effect.

Sports teams do the same thing. That’s why the Rams moved from St Louis to LA and the Raiders are moving to Vegas. Better stadium deals from the new cities than they got from their current homes. And they don’t bring nearly as many 150k jobs as Amazon will.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I dont fault Amazon for trying to get the best deal, I blame the states/cities. Its a slap in the face to existing businesses there, and proves that their 'business friendly' state is as friendly as they want you to think.

I heard GA/ATL offered $1.5bill, the ability to change street names, an additional $1.5mill to buy houses for executives, and their own private MARTA trains and busses. WTF. I'm glad they're not coming here too...

SGVRider likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And the sports team deals seldom turn out as promised. Instead taxes go up on the average person to benefit the wealthy by increasing their bottom line.

R1Racer99, kangasj and stk0308 like this.
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The silly woman is right. Not for the reasons that she states though. No company or industry should be getting specific tax incentives to relocate. The government needs to reduce taxes and anti-competitive practices across the board. Sure, Amazon gets billions in tax breaks. What about companies that aren't huge and politically connected? They get fucked by the government's policies and can't do a damned thing about it. Then they're asked to shoulder more of the burden for companies like Amazon that had the power to get breaks. Now that Amazon got breaks it entrenches them as they have a huge competitive advantage. It's complete crony capitalism. The Democrats aren't leading us to communism. They're leading us to fascism. You'll be perfectly able to run a business, as long you pay the right people and say the right things. I wonder how much of a cut the legislators and bureaucrats are getting? They don't give that shit for free, and they're not trying to lure big companies for the good of the community and common man. Giving $1.5 billion in tax incentives is just a way for them to line their own pockets. Amazon is going to need to pay for shit and build shit. Half the contracts are going to be steered to legislators' cousins, wives, and brothers.

Oh, and she can get it 2xITB.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  6. SGVRider

Agreed. All the politicians are falling over themselves to suck some big corporate dick. Meanwhile a small business gets reamed in the ass from 40 different agencies who all want a cut.

7. SGVRider

Crony capitalism is the worst of every world. The community pays for
    Ripe for the picking? I'm sure she's already been picked. Some PAC was looking for a female Latino with her demographic stats. They found her and offered her the opportunity so they could use her to forward their agenda. She ran with it and will at least get rich before she's no longer useful. Then she'll have some book deals, multi-million dollar career as a talking head etc. It's a good deal, she was smart to take it. Simple as that.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sellouts do not a country make.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I see it as the government favoring one business over another. All they're going to do is transfer those tax breaks on to local businesses and its citizens.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Really bad example there, using the Rams. They never fulfilled their commitment to St Louis, leaving an unimproved tax base to foot their debts on building the stadium they wanted to come here to. Fuck the Rams, and any sports team that holds their fan base hostage for their tax money to prop-up their multi billion dollar business.

sharkattack likes this.
  11. SGVRider

Why does Amazon get special treatment? Shouldn't the dude running a laundry business or plumbing operation be incentivized to hire too? Why does the laundry employing 5 people get the fucking shaft with every government official's hand in their pocket? Meanwhile, Amazon gives those same officials the shaft and they get stroked off. The example of the sports stadiums is how that shit always goes down. If they want a stadium they can damned well find the money to build it themselves.

Small businesses employ the majority of people in this country. Now Amazon gets a tax break and all of the small people get to pay for the services that Amazon isn't willing to pay for. That's total bullshit. Want to make your city attractive to business? Cut the taxes and red tape for EVERYONE, not just the select few who can send contracts to your Cousin Vinny. These tax breaks and subsidies to specific companies aren't about bringing jobs to the local community. They're 100% about rewarding the incestuous relationship between deep pocketed businesses and politicians. My opposition isn't a case of the perfect being the enemy of the good. This is a case of crony capitalism that's destroying America, plain and simple.

We need another Boston Tea Party.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-ultimate-trifecta-of-crony-capitalism/

Yeah I'm aware of the way the world works, nothing will change. The Amazons will always get the politician head. What will happen is that our corrupt system will fall as it sinks into a morass of inefficiency and corruption. Then it'll be replaced by a new, dynamic revitalized system and begin the cycle anew.

My motto: Just get yours while you can. If I end up in government, I'm gonna get fucking paid too. Not going to be the only dumbass not getting rich off my position. I will at least consider the people's interest and try to make arrangements that are mutually beneficial for myself and the taxpayer rather than just robbing them blind with no consideration. My campaign motto: "I'll steal less than him."

Or

"I'm gonna shaft you, but at least you get a reacharound."

:D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    GixxerBlade likes this.
  12. SGVRider

Also ask yourselves, why NoVa and NYC? I'm guessing it's 1 reason only. To insinuate themselves into the political system. Amazon is facing a lot of political risk. Intertwining themselves into DC and NYC will be a big hedge against it. This was probably the plan the whole time, the "oh where shall we place our headquarters" game was just a smokescreen. They knew where they'd put it the whole time.

13. StaccatoFan

Who says the little man doesn’t get tax breaks? Not saying I know but they may. It doesn’t make headlines because they’re breaks aren’t in the billions of dollars and thousands of workers.

Every federal contract has a small business partnership requirement. That’s welfare for the little man. But it’s not Fox News or cnn worthy headlines stuff.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But when they get tax breaks, who pays the taxes they don't pay?
    Someone in the deal has to be taking it up the ass.
    They sure as hell won't cut spending.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

I see it as give a little, get a lot back.

100 years ago my Great Grandfather came from Russia and settled in North Dakota and got 160 free acres to start farming. For what he got the Government has received income and other tax revenue from him and his descendents for 100 years.

Pretty good return on that initial investment in him.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was very aware of what went on during the time my folks owned an auto parts store and I can 100% guarantee the help the got from the city was zero. That same city gave incentives to whole foods and other big corporations.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well, I do home loans for a living and I can tell you that most small business owners aren't paying taxes at the end of the day. You have to be clearing quite a bit before your accountant can't get you out of them.

18. StaccatoFan

According to Shaka it sounds like your Dad should have hired a better accountant.

My Dad was a gas station night shift cashier. He never got to be a business owner.

19. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I think she is just as smart as Pelosi.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez