1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You keep acting as if the business and the employees/owners of the business are the same. They're not, different entities. Especially when you're comparing the small business to a corporate giant type business. Yes Amazon got tax breaks, but every employee there will pay taxes, Amazon will still cover its half of FICA and so on.

Yes, a profitable business can structure itself to not pay taxes. All depends on how good your accountant is. Deferring forever is the same as not paying too :D A profitable business owner can structure themselves so they have a lot less tax to pay too. All depends on what you're looking for.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Amazon could have added jobs and economic growth to the economy without the subsidies. The payoff to the local economy would have probably been larger without the handout.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

In my world the citizens would get to vote on these things, not the elected bought and paid for officials. If the locals want to give the tax breaks, more power to them.

I'm all for a state making itself business friendly, but there should not be special provisions given by the government to businesses.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup:

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

She's a Democrat. She's far more likely to meet Phil Myballs. Just ask Lewinsky.

Marid2apterbilt and GixxerBlade like this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You gotta know Congressman Hank Johnson is saying, "Thank God for this woman!"

gixxerreese likes this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What's quite a bit?

11. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

That’s what I said they can both go and fight capsizing islands :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Really going to vary depending on structure, but six figures minimum in real money to the business owner. The example I posted earlier wasn't exaggerated, that contractor makes about 300k a year and his "taxable income" is right at 36k. The flipside to this is he rents a house, because his income to qualify for a loan is just above that and he lives in an area where rent is cheap enough that it's only mildly annoying to him and he would rather use the down payment elsewhere. Other example I gave was also not exaggerated, that guy makes in the millions and shows a loss every year for taxable income. All in how it's structured. He's also paying six figures to his tax attorney though.

13. shakazulu12

Oh, and 5xITB. I'm kinda mad there isn't a hashtag of hot pics of her or something. There is no way she makes that donkey face as much as google seems to indicate she does:mad:

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I hope she decides to run for President.

XFBO likes this.
  15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Watch out with these statements.

Eddie Murphy had a bit about drinking and voting..."He f*cking won???"

XFBO and shakazulu12 like this.
  16. Fonda Dix

She is the future, especially as the vermin continue to cross the border with their hands out.

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And continue to be counted in allocations. How many representatives does California and NY lose if the illegal residents are not included in the tally?

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Do you really believe that these people are somehow less of a human being than you? Because when I read what you write I get the impression you do think that. And that ain't right.

I think we agree that the border needs to be secured, but when you say it like that, I ain't on your side.

And if we have any chance of fixing the issue, we can't be divided.

SuddenBraking and SpeedyE like this.
  19. shakazulu12

Sadly, I think she would get further than Bernie. Just because she's younger and attractive. The snowflakes would be out in droves to support her no matter what comes out of her mouth.

20. Fonda Dix

While my choice of language is probably a bit hard, the answer is yes. I feel that way about anyone who willingly and intentionally invades my country, disregards the laws of my country, wants free shit from my pocket, ignores legal processes set up to help them, and cares not one bit about the country that my ancestors gave life, limb and happiness to secure. You may choose to accept criminals (which is what they are if they dont follow procedure), I dont.