Sleeping in a Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Aug 9, 2018.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I don’t feel like wrestling the tent this weekend and temps will be mid 60s at night, so I was thinking about just sleeping in the trailer. I know lots of people do this, so any tips for making it more accommodating? Do you leave the side door open, use a fan, etc? I assume leave the gas cans outside, but what about the bike? Will the neighbors generator fumes kill me? I have a cot so I’ll be off the floor.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've done it many times. I just leave the back open if it's hot. But I never had an obnoxious generator near by.

3. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Air bed/inflatable mattress. Good pillows and sheets. If it’s near 60, you shouldn’t need a fan.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is the genny loud and obnoxious? :D
    Probably not a good idea to have a genny running in the area unless the exhaust is pointed up and away from your trailer.
    My only discomfort with an enclosed trailer is the lack of windows. Leaving a door open is good if you have a screen.

5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Drink and have "relations" with your significant other. AC makes this more enjoyable!

5axis likes this.
  6. MotoGP69

I won’t be running a genny, but others around might. No screen on the door but having everything closed seems a bit prison-like. Don’t want to get eaten alive by bugs though.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've slept in my trailer for the last 3 years. Added a roof vent, AC, lights and power inside to make it nicer.

R/T Performance, sdiver and Phl218 like this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Lots of guys including mine have a portion if wood that folds down into a bed. Mine had two, one on each side. So i went to Lowes and made a drop in leaf and hinged it all together so now i have a king size. Then i went to chrsitmas tree shop and got a 8 inch memory foam matress topper and i lay that over the wood frame. Its very cozy! I have an ac unit on top but for 60 degree nights, a fan for white noise is all i use to block out all if the track shenanigans.

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

If you have an enclosed trailer what the hell are you still doing sleeping in a tent?

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So his bikes can sleep in the trailer.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Several beers, air mattress and earplugs. I sleep so good I've missed first practice while zonked out.

Killswitch, j cal, JBall and 2 others like this.
  12. MotoGP69

Airflow mainly. I can’t sleep if I’m hot.

j cal and Gino230 like this.
  13. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Buy a toyhauler... problem solved

Sorry someone had to say it lol

TLR67 likes this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

If you have a side door, bungee it from from the top to hook to something inside. It'll be cracked and you can always open it and it closes back by itself. Inflate the Air mattress and sheets/pillows and you're golden. Or your cot works

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Crack side door with a tie down.
    Definitely won’t need AC tonight!

16. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Get some Velcro and staple it around the side door. Get a cheap sheet or screen and adhere
    The other side of the Velcro to it and make a cheap screen for the door. I’ve done it before and once the Velcro is staples to the wood around the inside of the door it’s there. You can pull them screen/sheet down in the morning roll it up and use it again the next night or weekend.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

just leave the roof vents open. no need to leave side door open. Slept in my trailer for years. air mattress, put a few blankets and/or sleepin bag on top of it if it's cool. the plastic mattress sucks to sleep on without em if it's cool. Earplugs for sure if gens are running near by..

Theducatiman likes this.
  18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Agree. As long as your roof vents have screens there is no reason to leave door open. I’ll

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Don't leave the open mr12 can in the trailer either

Cam Morehead and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

At a race in Sweden, guy took his grill inside the trailer cause it was cold - never woke up.
    Not sure if the grill consumed all the oxygen in the air of it was fumes but don't do that..!

MELK-MAN likes this.