1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who deserves Roger's seat!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I hope it is not Herrin, that would be shitty to Attack.
    My vote would be Debise on the big bike.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hopkins? :D

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Now that's a good one. Give him a top level factory ride and see what he can do. I bet he'd kick some serious ass! :cool:

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

He hasn't had the results to warrant a factory ride unfortunately

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's kind of a catch-22. With the equipment and support disparity in MA, without a factory ride, you're not likely to have any results. The only guys that have challenged Yosh or Graves are Scholtz and Herrin, but they're both Yamaha guys. Although I guess Fong did have some impressive results in STK1000 on the Kawi.

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

While that might be true about his Kawi days, he was still intermittent. To get that ride you'll need Herrin/Scholtz results, or be a top 600 rider... for Suzuki.

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Kyle Wyman !!!

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Debise might be the logical choice. The guy's got speed and it wouldn't be the first time a fast/foreign Team Hammer rider jumped up to the factory Yosh squad and did well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Jake Lewis.

Mods, please close thread.

zrx12man, pjdoran, Steady T and 2 others like this.
  12. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

I sure do too, I can only hope our effort continues for some time to come. After 30 plus years in the paddock I'd have to say it's easier now than ever but it's harder than ever. I think A lot of the reason Factory teams aren't looking at very young talent anymore is because of their wanting and needing to win now. There is a sense of urgency to win immediately and someone needs to take a chance on a kid like Pop did with his own son and Mat, problem is, I don't see anyone making the financial commitment to do so. It's a long, hard and expensive proposition for anyone to assume let alone a parent unless they are wealthy and willing to part ways with money. Noticing and appreciating talent in the paddock is fairly easy, getting said rider a ride or funding is the main issue. Sometimes I think I should write a book or a blog on my adventures, I know it wouldn't be a best seller but man you can't believe some of the shit you go through and see along the way it's absolutely mind blowing.

13. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I'd read that. :flag:

lonewrench likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bradley Ray

sbk1198 and cpettit like this.
  15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I agree he's mega talented, but if I were looking for a rider for my wsbk team I'm looking at BSB before MA.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Now that there is another thread about it. I kinda love this idea.

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Jake is the only one that really "deserves" the seat. I doubt JD will go to Suzuki same with Herrin. He's doing a good thing for Attack Performance and JD bleeds Yamaha blue as does Herrin. JD is gunning for the Graves R1 and that's no secret. It all depends on Cams next move and if he goes overseas. Debise will have a chance to dethrone the R6 next year so I hope he stays in SS. Plus I don't think yosh will go with two foreign riders. I think Fong is a good candidate for immediate wins if they don't draft a foreign rider.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I know Beach is a Yamaha guy, but I guarantee if he's asked to stay on the 600 again and is offered the Yoshimura ride he leaves.

stk0308 likes this.
  19. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

This!!!

It will need to be someone like this that can bring $$$ to the table. My personal opinion/educated guess is Yosh doesn't have the coin for a 2nd rider. Therefore unless a name rider shows up with $$ backing them Yosh will be a one horse team. My $0.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk