1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most mileage on your new vehicle.

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Aug 28, 2017.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I put nearly 14K on my new F150 last year in about 3 months. Felt guilty, so its been sitting for the past 9 months. I feel better now :)

SpeedyTide likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Which motor? 6.2 per chance?

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of you guys drive alot!
    Anything you guys wish your car/trucks had differently?

I really wished the offered larger gas tanks as optional (I think porsche might do for the 911) Going to the gas station all the time gets annoying, especially in the winter.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  4. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I bought a 2016 F-150 with the FX4 package which included extended range fuel tank. It's pretty sweet. Took a little getting used to seeing crazy numbers when I fuel up though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably answered in here already but I put about 8-9k a year on the daily driver. Traded the Jeep in at 8 years old with 50k and got a 3 year old Tahoe with just under 100k Figure by the time I trade or sell it will be back to average mileage or even under for its age :D

6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Bought my car in November with 22K on it. Currently sitting at 39K.

I do about 1100 miles a week...probably about to go up some.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I filled up the GTI last night as it was near the fuel gauge red limiter and it took only 9.8 gallons [emoji53]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have the MK7 Golf which has the same gas tank and the most I ever got in there was a little over 10 gal. Luckly I get better gas mileage, but I can imagine what is the range on a Golf GTI or Golf R

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Most of my fuel goes down to remote starting, and then because of hitting the go pedal harder than I should. So I can't have a true estimate yet. Some people get 30+ on their GTI

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I used to work on Whitecourt a good bit in the late 90s.

11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I change it whenever the oil monitor says too. I have had a couple of box where I have done to oil changes in one month

12. backcountryme

No I have the smaller engine. My business partner has the larger engine though. We got different trucks to see what kind of mileage each would do over the course of the year. So far the 6.2 has actually done a little bit better.

13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

My 2015 Transit Connect is at 110k. Averaging almost 50k a year. Bought it with 10k in January 2016.

14. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

That's the problem with compact cars versus mid size cars if they're just pulling commuter duty. I drive an Altima. The fuel economy ratings for the Altima (2.5L I4), Sentra, and Versa are virtually identical. Altima has an 18 gallon tank, Sentra has a 13.2 gallon tank, Versa has a 10.8 gallon tank. I had a 2010 Versa. I was pushing my luck if I went 300 miles on a tank. My Altima can easily go well over 500 on a tank.

15. backcountryme

Yeah, my truck is loaded but I wish I could get a larger tank. I can get about 500 miles on a tank highway, but I have to fill up multiple times a day sometimes.

16. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Several of the 1984/85 300SD's I used to have, had an extra fuel tank in the trunk. I had them removed, so I could put luggage in the trunk.

17. My Jeeps just coming up on 4 years old. 25k on it. Take the old, but still mint 01 4Runner we’ve had since new back n forth to the airport. Helps when you work from home though :). Jeep sat pretty much idle for 4 months with exception of driving it once and a while to gets things circulated and move the flat spots on tires. I think I need to buy a sports sedan like a c63 or m5. Roads here where I live are too good not to have a car for function and fun. Or I’m thinking of upgrading the wife to the svr f pace so I can use it.

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I love this discussion. 40+ MPG. Sometimes $25 a month for fuel. Too much fun to drive. Extremely affordable.

Attached Files:

19. backcountryme

Well, I’ve had this truck for 20 months and just rolled 100k. And I’m picking up my new truck Tuesday.

Attached Files:

20. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen a 56 mph speed limit.