1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche tuners

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 9, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just call my daughter at Bluegrass Porsche 502-894-3428, ask for Caroline. Tell her you're a WERA guy...she'll take care of you.

Her latest toy. She even took me for a ride:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

this thread is worthless without carillo rods

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

A lot turbo tunes you can feel right away. They will tune the boost to come in lower in the rev range at full power so you get the maximum "kick in the ass" feeling. Most of the time, they make your car less driveable and will take their toll on your drive train pretty quick. But hey, they make it easier to do 4 wheel burnouts :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't know about being the voice of reason...I am currently shopping for a large dollar irresponsible purchase of my own. :D

However the vehicles I own are all as delivered from the factory...there have been times when I plant my foot in the SRT-10 and go..this would be damn fun with another 100 hp. I know his position a little too well.

5. Venom51

I may give her a call as I am in the market for something from her brand. Not far off from what is in the pic. Should I tell I am a beeb degenerate or not? Will that help or hurt my bargaining position? :D

BigBird likes this.
  6. rd400racer

Nah, she loves you guys...every one of you treated her wonderfully when she was my pit crew princess. Bluegrass is a very highly rated Porsche dealer and she knows her shit. They don't let just anyone sell their cars, and Bluegrass typically has a large selection.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Venom51

I have all my research done already. There are 135 of what I want currently available but she might be able to find a few I haven't yet. Now it is just a matter of finding one with my preferences at the price I can swallow.

8. rd400racer

9. Venom51

10. rd400racer

This one by chance? She brought it home a couple weeks ago...

[​IMG]upload photos

Or this one? She took it to Cars and Coffee...

[​IMG]images upload

11. Venom51

The white one with the hood stripe behind her in the second photo is correct....wrong color but correct car. If she had a GT Silver metallic one they wanted to move before Porsche announces the next GT4 in late 2019 she'd already have been called. My research indicates they are still asking over original sticker on the white car and the black car is just slightly under original sticker.

12. rd400racer

I sat in it...one mean machine. It actually looks a lot nicer in person.

13. Venom51

We spent Saturday looking at the colors in person. My original color choice was the Agate grey, which is also the color of the GTS in the first photo, it just turns too brown in the sun. Yellow, black and the 2 reds are out. That left the Sapphire Blue, Rhodium Silver, GT Silver, Dark Blue Metallic and White cars. DBM cars are in very short in supply, Rhodium has a weird bluish tint in some light conditions and the blue is a little too much on it. That leaves GT Silver and white. I'll take a white one if I can't get my hands on a GT Silver...only about 13 available at this time. Lots of white cars however.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    rd400racer likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

shoot...you should get someone to take you for a ride in a twin turboed V10. It will guarantee the purchase of a "stock sucks" bumper sticker! :D

15. Venom51

The truck is fast enough....every time I think about it I fall back on the current reliability of it. One dead windshield washer pump and one power steering leak in 14 years. I'm not messing that up with modifications. :D

cav115 likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

eh... its never ending regardless of the vehicle! I don't regret spending money on high performance parts. Ive been disappointed... but not regretful! :D

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I was just thinkig, go Trackhawk

18. They can always tell if your vehicle was modified if they bother to look deep enough. Fuel consumption, injector opening vs xxx parameter, etc.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

GT4?

EDIT: just read it is the GT4. As you know, I would love one too. Fell in love with a blue one out here at the local Porsche dealer, fortunately after looking at it an inordinate "DaveK" number of times, they sold it. I never even drove it, as I was pretty sure if I drove it, that would have been all she wrote and I would have been looking at a bank loan.

What options are you wanting? I found I really like the door pulls in red, as I've seen some others with black pulls and it just doesn't look as good to me. When I was looking before, there were a bunch for sale out here, the Newport beach dealer had three on the showroom floor at the time.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Gorilla George, rd400racer and sdiver like this.