MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Question is, would he be allowed on track with a baseball bat or a length of chain (a la Road Rash style) so he could play a more active role in killing American road racing.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah but James has the grinder crowd also..

slimjim00 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

You'll need one of these

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Nate would be really emabarrased if they let him race that OGPOS and he still got beat by a fat kid on a SV....
    Provided it doent break a chain again of course...

DDK732 likes this.
  5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

*entremanure

6. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

I sent them a sponsorship packet but never heard back :(

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Pretty sure he did 32’s on that thing at barber.

So far my fastest lightweight lap is low 34’s and the only 2 guys I know that can beat me at barber (when I was in shape) was Zayat (33’s I think) and me and Parrish always have good scraps.

Parrish, if you’re reading this, do you think the new spec sv is good for better times?

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Zayat ran 32s I believe

9. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Xman did a 33.8 chasing 600's

Its gonna be a toss on the new bike. The swingarm is 25 mm longer so turning has become an issue. Im working on it though...

Robby-Bobby and noles19 like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Was it a new chain?

At the New Orleans AMA round back in 2012, around the 5th lap coming down the front straight I hear a loud over-rev and Tyler shut it down. The chain broke, broke the cases, ruined the sub-frame,and rear tail-section and left a big bruise across his but/back. I don't think I did a proper rivet job on the chain, when we changed it.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

34's last year on the BMW, but I didn't check all the races. I think that was SOT 2 with the 848's, 675's, etc.

1:31's at NJMP, which is what the original post was about, I think.

34's at Barber on an SV..... FML!

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The twins will be at least in the 29s at NJMP. Mr. Parrish did low 31s on green Pirellis on the 78hp endurance bike last year.

34s at Barber and possibly 33s if they let the twins use the supersoft rear. I heard a rumor....:)

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  13. turner38

I’m betting the fast time at he MotoAmerica twins class being in the 31’s....
    It was, was a mud level chain but still new.
    The shipment from Vortex was late getting here and was thrown in the bottom of the tool box. We put a Pro Taper chain that seemed like our best option at the time on it and never changed it.... It showed no signs of distress until the warm up lap.
    I came really close to changing it before the race and making a gearing change.... Decided to stand pat though with what we had. Hidsights always 20/20.

14. turner38

Ehh, Kris went 33’s on a 125! I’d bet he goes faster on the SV when we get there.
    Ya gotta remember the bike had never been ridden or even Dyno’d prior to Laguna.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’d put up a brand new rear tire to your team if he gets in the 32’s much less the 31’s!

Not saying he isn’t faster than me, but in my prime I’d put myself as top 3 lightweight racer in the field.

With a fresh motor I’d like to think I could see 33’s but no way in the 32’s

turner38 and regularguy like this.
  16. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Might want to save those 32/33s for the race as it may limit the riders that qualify with the 110% threshold. Just saying

5axis, jonathanp and Robby-Bobby like this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. turner38

I honestly think with the tires they are on that 31’s are a realistic possibility. I may be wrong but time will tell.

19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

^

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I could see that, based on Tyler's times out here. He seemed to go at least 2 seconds lap faster on his SV versus his 125 times out here.