1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I did BYOB before I bought the Husky. I bailed at 12k! :crackup:

XFBO likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Haha. That would have a lot more bling than a base husky. I was 10k before taxes on the 16 rr re with the fastway link, carbon pipe guard, radiator guards and hand guards.

XFBO likes this.
  3. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

BEC263E3-FB66-4555-B981-BAE801DA2DAC.jpeg 74027A29-5319-4C4A-81BC-D6C591368421.jpeg C8B45C43-74CE-4A98-8742-6032ADDE38FE.jpeg A8AC40BB-943C-4093-90E5-52AF4D931ADB.jpeg Yesterday

XFBO likes this.
  4. Used2Bfast 2

Yesterday

XFBO likes this.
  5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

nice work

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  6. eggfooyoung

@Used2Bfast 2, we're looking for a weekend ride, you wanna guide a couple of us for a couple of days???

7. Used2Bfast 2

Don’t wanna commit to anything. Yesterday was a guide thing also. Ive been trying to accommodate most requests, but I’m getting burnt out on my stuff.

I was holding the camera for the vid. 25 miles of rocks in off on rain all day. Awesome ride.

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

paging mr melka, what year, model is your 350 shown here? having trouble with hbd graphics mimicking your plates, with my numbers. is the green green, or is it that hi viz, toxic yellow green? installing them on a 2017 xcf250, thanks in advance. hope I can get them to do what I want. Ski

melkas xcf350.jpg

9. skidooboy

been breaking this in the last 2 weeks. 5.4 hours on it so far. finally got all the graphics installed. next ride 4th of july. need to bring her down to the gap and have used2be guide us around, when we are not on the sport bikes. having fun so far, pleasantly surprised I am happy on a 250f in the woods. Ski

DSCF1592.JPG

10. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Hey Ski:

Not sure if you remember me from 1,000 years ago, but we met a few times in Circleville on the SM track. I'm guessing it was around 2004-ish. I'm Brent Hackney, and back then I was on a KTM 450 SM and I also raced WERA a good bit back in 2001-2004. Anywho, as it turns out, I live in PRIME singletrack land in WV. I'm not sure what kind of riding you do on the KTM, or what you're into. We ride really tight, slow and technical stuff, hard enduro terrain. If you're interested, ping me up and I can get you on a really fun ride here. It's only a few miles from the capitol complex in Charleston, WV. Creek beds, skinny trails, etc. NOT Hatfield McCoy stuff. The pic of your KTM makes me think you're set up for it. Although, for all I know, you're more into GNCC (faster) stuff. In any event, I wanted to toss this to you. I'm not sure where you live these days.

11. Used2Bfast 2

Aside from the Buffalo mtn, trail 199 area..is Hatfield McCoy mostly wider faster stuff? I too like the slower narrow, creek bed, etc hard enduro-ish kinda stuff, and don’t wanna plan a trip around an area that’s mostly the wider faster trails.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

@skidooboy sorry mate, just saw this post and was on road to Summit point since last Wednesday.. , give Ronnie at HBD a call.. they are "Senior A" class backgrounds that they use (I'm 50 but i race down two classes to 40+ A class) .
    I'm not even sure what the color is called, i just said "i want that one".. :) They should be able to just go into my file. We have redone them on all my bikes.
    Edit. looks like ya got some backgrounds.. that 250 is likely my favorite bike ever for woods.

13. Slick-101

Yes, most of the Hatfield is geared toward the SXS crowd and is largely open, fast terrain. There are sections of single track that can be good, but it's rather limited compared to the entire trail system that they have. It can be fun, but you have to know what you're in for if you ride the Hatfield stuff. It's really not for me, is all I'm saying. I live here and I never go there.

Looking at your pics, you like what we like. If you ever decide to come to WV to ride, I'd suggest skipping the Hatfield unless you're with a crew that is either relatively new to off road riding, or just don't like the slower stuff. If you want slow (old man safe) technical stuff, that's challenging and fun, ping me. I'll host you. We do it all the time. See my youtube page for an idea of the stuff we ride and build. Youtube is "slickwv" and this is all unofficial, private, uncontrolled trails that myself and a few other guys have built by hand over many years. It's nothing like the Hatfield.

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  14. Slick-101

Am I allowed to post a link to an off road ride here? If I'm breaking a rule, nuke this, no worries.

15. skidooboy

Hey Brent! how are you? think about the racing, and Circleville fun we ALL had, all those years ago. get the itch for that now and again too. with the wife riding with us, and her and I prefering a bit more open, faster trail riding, not sure your terrain is up our alley. I am not against a tight technical trip but, I HATE mud. I can deal with rocks, sand, dust, creek crossings but, not into wet, rainy, sticky, wreck your bike mud. call me what you will but, I am fair weather if anything. :D LOL! really appreciate the invite, thank you for the offer, may have to get a guys group together, and hit you up. Ski

16. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

About the heat. Sauna. Unbearable at first, but after a few weeks you can sit in 180 degrees for an hour and barely sweat. HGH increases, blood pressure lowers. heat acclamation improves. Real science. Not just for old, fat Guidos

17. eggfooyoung

Speaking of heat, the creek crossings are a welcome sight...

IMG_6297.JPG IMG_6302.JPG

noles19 likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Beta Trainer .... Yay or Nay???

A used one just came up for sale locally and I've been wanting a Beta for my next woods bike for awhile now.....impressions would be great!?!?

19. skidooboy

Xtrainers are entry level, low cost component bike. Ski

XFBO likes this.
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I recall reading that back when it first came out, but never spoke to anyone with real world experience.....if the suspension is capable I wouldn't be heart broken if the top end was tamer than their regular 300.