1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official World Cup Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

WOOT!!! Lets get the real sports started!

USA USA USA USA Oh..... Wait. Fuck....

Still!

I am hoping they very much so crack down on the blatant theatrics. Thats the only part that ruins the best sport on earth.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

In. Best team sport ever. Still undecided who I'm pulling for. Probably just the underdogs in every match.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Italia

oh , wait, ciao ragazzi,

DEUTSCHLAND! #schland

Metalhead likes this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Portugal v. Spain tomorrow should be a good one nice and early in the tourney.

BigBird, Phl218 and Metalhead like this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I 'm totally gobsmacked that Robby and The Metalhead are futbol fans, Next thing the sun will be rising in the west. :D

rd400racer likes this.
  6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Fun Fact: Robby actually played competitive ball from about 10yrs till age 18 all over the world and lots in South America.

Played in the Olympic Development program for 3 years, took our Local High School team to Final 4 three times Soph, Jr, Sr and we never won though:(

But yes, to say I am a fan is a bit of an understatement. Just didn't do well as a team player.. The older I got, the more I would get upset if someone wasn't pulling their weight.

Basically thats how I decided to take racing more serious because If I suck, or don't win, then i can only blame myself.

AJ, mike-guy and blkduc like this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well damn, good on ya. :bow:

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And to expound on RB's answer...

I played 9 seasons up through high school. Spent a few years in a league while working at BMW. Very competitive leage with alot of European talent. I still go out to the local patks and get into pick up matches for the fun of it.

Oh, and I'm 55. Don't play in the field though. Switched to keeper about 10 years ago. Fucking love it.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I had a few teammates on a team I went to Europe with who were from South Florida and had played all over the Caribbean and parts of S America. That sure as hell beats weekend tournaments in Des Moines or Lexington.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well look at you too.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That explains a lot.:D

France. If The Lord Kane can get England to the QF's it will be an achievement.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ughhh Soccer....

[​IMG]

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Russia has a really tough group. Wonder if they will make it. Wonder how they got so unlucky.

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

+1
    I pretty much only watch during the world cup. The last one was so bad with theatrical players, it nearly ruined it for me.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

not to be a downer on the world cup thing, but after watching a few "60 Minute Sports" episodes covering the horrible manner in which some countries are treated to get the stadiums built, and the corruption involved in FIFA.. i can't get behind it. My attitude toward the olympics is tainted as well, but i hold out hope for that institution...

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'll watch a beach volleyball rerun instead.

5axis and auminer like this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Honestly I'll prolly pull for the Germans. As you know, I have an attachment to Germany. Never been there, but have connection to it. Good people. I'm taking Germany too.

I will miss Ozil not being there. My favorite player ever. He knew how to direct a team downfield with precision.

19. Isn't the World Cup soccer?

[​IMG]

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

What's up with Spain firing their coach 2 days before because he took one of the most Premier jobs in all of sports... Like really WTF

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk