1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official World Cup Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'll take it!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're in fine company with egg foo. :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I already have a headache from screaming at the TV lol. I don't know if I'm going to make it to Germany on Sunday. And Le Mans tomorrow. And MotoGP. Gah. Medic!

Phl218 and HPPT like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

CRISTIANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That was a great game.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Meh.......the world cup is a joke. And whichever pansies 'round here thinks that this crap is the best team sport.....then I guess you ain't never heard of endurance racing........pansies!!:D

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Done lots of endurance racing over the years. Even a few 200’s.

Soccer at the most competitive level is still harder and more exhausting.

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:whoosh:I was kidding about the team sport thing........but stand by my "world cup is a joke" opinion. Don't ask why.......thats for the dungeon:D

Phl218 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

@Metalhead Ozil not playing tomorrow. Got dinked up a little a couple weeks ago, best to rest him vs. Mexico.

Metalhead likes this.
  10. Robin172

I was at my nephew's wedding when Germany played Ghana in a group game in 2014, the fiance of my niece who is from Germany looked at me and my brothers and said "I suppose you're all Ghanian today." Tomorrow I will be following "El Tre.":D

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

To be honest, I am, well, strongly, partial to Die Mannschaft (grew up in Germany, more than half German), but I really root for them all. I would love to see Cristiano (quarter Portuguese, plus, hotness), and Messi (do you know his story, I'm sure you do, who wouldn't root for him) lead their teams to victory. Plus Neymar, his injury four years ago, how much that must have hurt. But it does not matter to me. The stories go on and on. Yesterday in the Uruguay vs. Egypt match, with Suarez and Cavani vs. El-Shanawy, amazing. That poor Moroccan dude with the own goal vs. Iran. And of course Cristiano vs. Spain. And today. I haven't even watched the Argentina vs. Iceland game, although I know the result, and how it happened. I'm pretty sure Iceland is taking the rest of the month off. The Peru vs. Denmark game was intense and chaotic and they both are going to get slaughtered. Doesn't matter.

I have watched these competitions since 1974. My favorite player is Gerd Muller. Since that time, I think they are, all of them, fantastic. I hope they realize it, they experience it, they enjoy it, and take it in themselves that they made a positive difference in someone's life. Sports are to uplift. It is so unusual these days to get together on a world stage and enjoy one
    another's company. Let it be so. :)

AJ likes this.
  12. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Woof

Attached Files:

Yzasserina and Sabre699 like this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ozil in!

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Good game! Mexico strong. Germany got some work to do. Midfield defense good. Strikers not. Brandt has a cannon. Onto Brazil!

16. Robin172

17. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Earthquake detected in Mexico which occurred at the same time as Lozano's goal...

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. Robin172

Not the first time that's happened, when my team scored the winning goal in the last minute in a game a couple of seasons ago the subsequent crowd reaction registered on a seismograph at a nearby university.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Also, FYI. The 'En Vivo Telemundo' phone app is streaming the games for free if you don't have access to fox. I think they cut off free access June 25th.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Robin172