1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Another double OT with the Jets and Preds. A big "whew" for the Nashville fans.
    Only the third loss for Winnepeg in the last eighteen games. On to Canada 'eh.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I had the feeling that if Nashville lost that game last night, they were done. It's still going to be one hell of a battle for them. I had not watched the Jets play once during the regular season so I really didn't know much about them. They are the real deal and just never quit. And they are without as doubt the biggest, most physical team going. Fun to watch for sure.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Question:

Don't know who saw the Bruins/Bolts game but Rask shit a skate blade fending off a seige and before the next onslaught tried to get a ref 's attention to the problem. How is a "goalie" of all players supposed to get subbed for in the middle of shit happening? A regular skater can for sure but switching goalies with equipment failure is no easy function. Rules say goalie is no exception. Just kinda strange.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This is no rule that the refs have to stop play for an equipment malfunction, other than for a safety issue, i.e goalie mask.

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

[​IMG]
    I guess I don't know what a goal is anymore.

6. rd400racer

I can understand what the boys in Toronto were probably looking at. The neophyte says, "I see white between the puck and the goal line". A hard core hockey person would say, "that ain't white, it's snow on the edge of the puck".

(note: the fact that the Pens are my least favorite team in the NHL in no way influenced the above statement:D)

lee955i likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Agreed. Making it inconclusive so as not to overturn the original call on the ice of "no goal".

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where the hell is there a puck in that shot anyway? :crackup:

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

look to the left of the vertical red strip, and it was clearly in! Laces out, Dan!

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next to the pole? If the goal is the red line on the ice that shit ain't in. Doesn't matter about the snow either way, the curve of the puck ain't going to be touching red under the snow.

11. fastedyamaha

Just as Murray wasn't interfered with right before a goal was scored, or Dumolin didn't take a cheap shot elbow straight to the head with the referee looking right at him?

BHP41 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? I don't even know what game you guys are talking about :crackup:

13. fastedyamaha

Pens-Capitals game yesterday. League doesn't want Pens to 3-peat

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems like they should just play better and the league has no say...

15. rd400racer

I can't disagree with you on either of those statements.

16. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

i've been playing hockey for 22 years, including college puck. That's a goal.

But, I'm also a pens fan so that may influence my stand on the subject. :)

17. rd400racer

I played for 40 years, including 18 years as a USA Hockey Level 3 coach of AA and High School.

NO GOAL

[​IMG]

18. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I am not a Pens fan at all, but I would call that a goal. I just watched the replay. That sucks, but it happens. That picture doesn't it show it well but slow down the replay. It crossed the line at some point. But I get that because it couldn't be clearly seen is why it was no goal.

19. rd400racer

OK, I've been busting balls here earlier so I'll confess...

I was replacing the clutch perch on my FZ during the game so I was in and out of the shop every couple of minutes. I heard some loud noise from the game so I ran in to see what had happened. They were showing the replay for the first time and I said to myself, "shit, that's a goal for sure' while thinking here goes Washington on their steady decent once again just like every other year. I was shocked when I came back about 5 minutes later to see that no goal was awarded.

But hell if I'm going to say something positive about the Penguins:D

YamRZ350 likes this.
  20. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I like to think I said something Negative about the Refs and officials in Toronto. Please do not take that as a positive statement about the Pens.. :D

rd400racer likes this.