1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Apr 9, 2018.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I think the fact that Zucks "free" product touches more people in the world than any Gov't entitlement... speaks volumes!

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

The government just wants access to it without pesky warrants.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Equifax got a virtual pass with REAL information breach... this is fucking FB... there is zero expectation of real privacy...

galloway840 and Killswitch like this.
  4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Hello fellow Redditor...

5. CausticYarn

Mostly lurk.
    Especially in r/whatisthisthing and ARAD... :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Dungeon needs a version of r/roastme - might cheer the place up a bit.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Anyone else listening to this??? Lindsey Graham is an IDIOT....

There is Zero reason for the government be in this.... Government Regulations of FB??

If I were him... I would have already said "FUCK Y'all".

sharkattack and fastfreddie like this.
  8. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Thanks. I just removed the APP from my phone.

9. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I despise Facebook because it seems so left leaning. Letting FB define hate speech seems so Democrat positive.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Tinfoil hat time.... The only reason the government is interested in this is so that they can start policing it. When you're policing it, you have access to it, when you have access to it.....

Britt likes this.
  11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Here's the regulation I want to see:

All data about me, or that I generate through any activity I engage in belongs to me.
    No one can keep that data after it's initial use for the initial purpose without my permission.
    No one can sell/transfer that data without my permission for each and every disclosure/sale/transfer.
    I have a right to have that data deleted wherever it's held.

Exceptions: Land deeds/personal property titles, tax returns, census records, criminal records.

Of course, that would put much of the information industry on their butts. Banks, insurance cos, credit, health care, cable & internet companies, phone companies, and everyone else who collects/compiles/sells data about each of us.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The sure way to keep your information to a minimum is to stay off the webs and social media.. pay cash and move to the woods, off grid.

13. CausticYarn

HE'S UNSCANNABLE!!!!!!

Rebel635 likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

even if, under your own free will...sign up for, fill in your profile(truthfully), upload photos, hit like buttons, and agree to the lengthy convoluted terms of service of say a "free" social media site/app or device? :D

TSWebster likes this.
  15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

www.mewe.com is a FB alternative someone who was tired of FB's BS started.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Much ado about nothing IMHO. Google, Apple and everyone else that has any kind of technology or web presence has been storing data on you and selling it to third parties forever now. How is this news at this point? As others have mentioned, I suspect the government just wants access to it themselves without having to pay for it.

scottn likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

has anyone "downloaded" the personal data Facebook has made available?? :D

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

There are people actually being harassed by their local government for doing just that. If they're not being required to be on the comercial power grid. It's requiring they use public water. Some places are actually trying to enforce anti-water collection rules. You know, where you run the downspout from your own roof into a barrel! They're trying to put, and keep, a number on everyone.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It is illegal on the state of Colorado to collect more than 110 gallons of water at any one time.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't know why anybody would want to buy my data. I have no money and no life.

scottn likes this.