1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Apr 9, 2018.

1. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

What are the alternatives?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not thinking everyone in the world gives a shit about what your Big Mac looked like. :Poke:

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ummmmm you found it........its called "Here".:D

K51000, Banditracer and R Acree like this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is it for me...what more could you possibly need?

cav115 and Banditracer like this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Real life, and actually being yourself.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The only reason I wont give up FB is the great groups:

B-36 Fans, Air Force Athletics, USAFA Official, 487th Bomb Group, etc.

And all the UK/Euro racers who are friends post a lot there so you can keep up with their season.

Other than that, its garbage.

pjzocc likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

There was MySpace, but it was very labor intensive compared to Facebook. A lot of crap on Facebook, especially in the wake of Trump's election. But some of the photo archives of the 70's, 80's and 90's racing pages are absolutely priceless!

stk0308 likes this.
  8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

FB is pretty good for keeping up with a wide friend and extended family group. I was a very reluctant joiner. I do see a lot of folks seemingly addicted to it, but I do my best not to be.

Yes, we should all get out and "live our lives" a bit more, especially the young folks who are being raised on this stuff. But, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle. FB may continue to dominate, but the market is ripe for some new tech or service that renders it obsolete (ala myspace)... There is a huge inertia to overcome though for anyone else to get up and running.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There's a reason many of those that gave us social media restrict their spawn's access to their creation.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

That is its hook... to get you addicted to the "feed" and be inundated with information. Its a time stealer! :D

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

sweet. Thanks for giving us your opinion on the internet. Do you have any more pictures of your date nights or sweet snow plows?

scottn and TLR67 like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boom

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

I don't have to take this kind of shit from you! :mad:

:crackup:

TLR67, TurboBlew and cBJr like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

facegores is just the BBS west just with people you don't want to invite here like coworkers, family and those idiots you went to high school with who you don't like then and you really don't like now but you're friends with them on facegores because it's funny that they are on their 3rd marriage and now really f@ckin' fat.

What options are there to replace facetubes? Who cares, it'll suck just as much and it'll just mine you for info that they can sell anyways.

15. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I abandoned it two months ago and am recovering.
    My alternative is browsing dank memes on Imgur.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

"If its free, then you are the product."

This applies to FB, Instagram, Twitter, google, and most every form of social media.

Many other Forums have been bought up and are now like FB - primarily there to collect data on you to be sold to anyone who wants to buy. FB is taking the heat today, but all of these "free" sites are there to collect/sell info about you.

Only smaller places like here where its owned as an adjunct to some other activity, and harvesting the data is too costly to benefit are unlikely to sell personal data on you.

FB is useful to keep up with those far away. I limit my time on FB - only on the computer browser, no messenger use, and really limit what I click on or post.
    Put FB or Messenger on your phone and they are vacuuming up way too much info on your contacts, location and activities.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Messenger is way too invasive. I don’t have it on my phone nor do I use it on FB. But Google is just as bad. If you enable the location service it tracks your every move. You can even go in and review where you’ve been and it will actually show you a map with a trace line where you were etc. I disabled Google as much as I could and Google maps on my phone too.

K51000 likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A common science fiction theme for decades has been the government clandestinely implanting some sort of chip in humans to track their every move.
    I don't recall any predicting that we'd all just willingly carry around devices that do just that but here we are.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

IDK. For some reason seeing all of these douche Congress members grilling a private citizen about privacy etc doesn’t quite sit right. Congress wants to hold everyone else accountable but are never held accountable by the people. They live in their own world void of laws that they impose on the masses.

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:stupid: felt the same about the MLB nonsense too. Blabbering about ethics, children, and role models without any irony.