Alpha Brain / nootropics

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Mar 30, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Anybody ever take any of this stuff? I've been hearing about it for years and have been ridiculing and judging anyone who takes it for an equal amount of time.

Well, I guy I train BJJ is friends with some of the Onnit crew, and gave me some Alpha Brain to try. I'd been busting his balls about it and he finally showed up with a bottle of capsules and some of the instant shit.

I'm blown away. You know how some days you just feel like your brain is firing on all cylinders? It's like that in a bottle. The mental clarity is amazing. I can't believe they make something like this and relatively few people are talking about it. I'm not pimping the Onnit brand either, I'm told there are a few brands out there that are just as good.

I hope this stuff doesn't cause dick cancer or something, because I'm hooked.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It's called "cocaine"... :Poke:

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When did working with what you got, as long as you're healthy, become a thing of the past? All you guys ever talk about is taking drugs. :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think the Beatles had the same opinion when they dropped acid.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Did you just call yourself a dickhead? :D

Boman Forklift and JBraun like this.
  6. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

This quote from the founder - found on the website - makes me instantly not want to be associated with any of their products.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Shoes weren't around for the first couple hundred thousand years either, but they're nice to have. :D

Gorilla George and HPPT like this.
  8. Or aderal :)

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Cigarettes and coffee

rd400racer likes this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Peripherally he seems to be a colossal douche. Never met the guy though so who knows.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Whatever gave us "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is cool with me. :D

R Acree and G 97 like this.
  12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I recall Fen-Phen was a great idea for a while.

So was Thalidomide. So were a number of wonder drugs hyped over the last century.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It is actually made of something called Placebo.

SuddenBraking, TurboBlew and Steeltoe like this.
  14. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Dude’s name is BJJ, no way it’s fake!

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's been fascinating watching the cabal of motivational podcasters who pass around the same guests also pedal the same products.

It's painfully obvious the scheme they have going and Onnit is smack in the middle. Does it come with a Casper mattress and link to Design Crowd and Freshbooks?

16. condon66

condon66 Member well known

:crackup:

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Amphetamine for the win...

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

One of my buddies takes it, he’s not a big supplement guy, but he swears by it. He gave me some to try, it’s still sitting in the drawer. Rogan talks a lot on his podcast about the difficulties of producing good quality supplements. Sure seems like Onnit is the real deal....but I’ve been fooled before;)

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's weird that the same companies all seem to have shifted their marketing to podcasters. Blue Apron, stamps.com, on and on.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:D Missed a "with" in there.