1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gina Haspel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Mar 13, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The field of psychology has been hijacked by political hacks.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The field of politics has been hijacked by psychological hacks.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, it's already out there. It is how "the media" works - make shit up, then retract only after a shitstorm has started and you are forced to.

Another reason we need some serious common sense media control laws.

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Do these people just copy one another without checking things? Do they just share the same story and put a different name on the article?

Can we control them? First Amendment protects the press heavily. I wouldn’t want any laws that “control them” - that’s a dark path to wander down.

jase likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes.

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The press needs that protection. The people also need protection from a lying press.

Things need to change:

-If you have to retract an article, then it goes on the front page of your paper or website. It should be the story, just the same as the original one that was false. Not the back page where only a few read.

-If you knowingly print false information, then there should be minimum 5 year ban from the press field, in any fashion.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

- Hit them where it hurts, in their pockets.....if they're found having to retract a story, make them pay BIG to whomever they hurt. $$$$$ seems to be the only way some will learn.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So then why are you arguing with me if you know what I'm saying is true?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is there evidence of that happening? All I'm seeing is torture insinuations.

And I don't care about allegations, both sides allege all sorts of stupid shit and they're all liars.

12. In Your Corner

You threw the conspiracy stuff in there.

13. In Your Corner

That would be an impossible policy to enforce.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There should at minimum be press licenses with in depth background checks and age limits. Also legislation defining what it "the press" and what parts are allowed that freedom and which should be banned.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There's this new thing called the internet. Anyone can use it and post damn near anything they want. You want to know the weirdest thing? People don't bother to check accuracy. You accumulate likes and the more you get, the more believable your articles are.

16. In Your Corner

As much as I detest what the press has become in this country, they must be left as unfettered as possible.
    We have courts to address issues surrounding false reporting, etc.

jase likes this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I thought the Al Jazeera one would be best but they right away are spouting the shit that was made up by another site that retracted their lies.

Considering she wasn't actually in charge of that site, how could she be the one to order the tapes destroyed?

Seems like your evidence is not real...

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Rolling Stone :crackup:

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't calling her Bloody Gina sexual harassment?