Gina Haspel

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Mar 13, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hold the fucking phone...

You're telling me the CIA is the only government agency not wasting time on things that don't work? :crackup:

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

<Head Desk>

3. pickled egg

Hate fucking and head at your desk? You best get a raise! :Poke:

4. CausticYarn

You can't fake brain science - the community would spear you alive and clean the meat from your bones.
    The brain is not reliable under stress. There is no faking those results. There is decades of data to back those assertions up.
    Which is why I tried to argue from that angle before resorting to our own government published material.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I specifically said individuals because the people in the field trying to do things tend to be normal people wanting to get the job done not waste time on useless tactics. The agency as a whole is an entirely different subject.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't change that torture and the threat of it can work. Anyone in captivity is under stress, so yeah you have bad eyewitness accounts and so on. Totally agree with that. But when you're talking about basic facts the person under stress knows like times or addresses or even names/aliases, there is no reason why the stressed brain couldn't accurately spit those out.

Basically I agree with you it doesn't work for a lot of things and disagree with the overall conclusion that it never works no matter what :D

cav115 likes this.
  7. CausticYarn

I never said it didn't ever work.
    The conclusion is that it is an unreliable method. :D

8. CausticYarn

I ain't supporting your ass, if I get a raise, I am hiding it!

9. pickled egg

If you're servicing men at work, you'd best bankroll it for antibiotics and a resleeve procedure. :D

10. CausticYarn

The men here are not serviceable, much like The Dungeon.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So, you're saying that the explanation sold by the press and accepted as factual both at the time and today isn't what actually happened?
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm, no, no it doesn't.

It's not accepted as factual today by anyone who has paid attention or hit the googles. It's not a theory, it was a conspiracy by the newspapers to discredit radio, historical facts. There were no unanswered questions for which answer were totally made up either, there were people wondering if it was true or not who had questions that was then blown up into full scale panic. Merely a matter of degree not a total lie based on nothing.

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Gina Haspel followed orders(.)

14. CausticYarn

And?
    Originally this was just about the media’s skewed reporting of her and me being interested in knowing what the rest of her career looked like.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the sidetrack has been amusing but have they reported anything else yet?

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A conspiracy by newspapers to discredit radio?
    :crackup:
    Where do you get this stuff?

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

She has spent roughly 30 yrs in related jobs. From what I've read she's highly qualified and respected.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Conspiracy in an extremely loose sense but yes, they did want to discredit radio. Just as radio had issues with tv when it got popular and tv has issues with the net.

Where do I get it? History. You should try it some time, truly interesting stuff out there.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have seen a little of that as a line or two after the 40 or 50 about her torturing people :D

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If she has personally tortured people, sign her up now!
    Means she's hard as fuck and people won't mess with her.

crashman likes this.