1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I guess I'm not welcome on Bumble anymore.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by JBraun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

For the non-bachelors on the beeb, "Bumble" is a dating app.

It's like Tinder for the most part. The difference is, when you match with someone on Bumble, the girl has to initiate the conversation, and only has 24 hours to do so. It's actually a cool app and I've met a couple of nice girls on it.

Welp, I'm out. I was at the airport yesterday and opened the app out of boredom. This is the first thing I saw:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Time to start a weapons friendly site to compete...call it Rumble.

BHP41, Shenanigans, blkduc and 3 others like this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd call it Gunble.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's idiotic. My favorite part is the disclaimer, "Excluding military and law enforcement in uniform"

So I can't post a picture of me holding a gun I use for hunting or hobby, but guns issued and intended for killing humans are okay? Got it.

Funny thing is, I had no gun photos because I don't see it as defining who I am in any meaningful way. As soon as I got that message I immediately uploaded this:

[​IMG]

Stand by for the results. :D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Liberal chodes.....

[​IMG]

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Threw in this one too, just so when someone says I have pictures with "machine guns" they won't be wrong. :D
    [​IMG]

K51000, TX Joose and tiggen like this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perhaps I misunderstood the phrase, "I had no gun photos."

BigBird, GixxerBlade and JBraun like this.
  8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't understand taking a political stance against a dating app...

You're going to deprive yourself of a potential relationship because you disagree with the politics of the app creator? That's like walking past a bar full of college gymnasts on spring break, because the owner has a "I'm with HER" sticker on the wall.

It's a stupid PR stunt, and you just propagated it for them.

Gixxerguy855 and sheepofblue like this.
  9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nope, On the app I HAD none. Now I have two. :D

K51000 likes this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I just think it's stupid and shortsighted. I have no issue with business people promulgating their individual political ideologies, I'm just choosing not to interact with those who censor photos of perfectly safe and legal behavior simply because they don't understand it.

Funny how half the photos on the app are of people drinking alcohol, which kills a lot more people than guns, and nobody says a word.

Besides, I'm not in a relationship currently and I don't feel terribly deprived. :D

K51000, badmoon692008 and Fencer like this.
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

AH, virtue signaling....the Madison Avenue trick of the decade. I'd wish they would rediscover the old trick of putting pretty girls in mini skirts as a way of attracting business. Now THAT was a Madison Avenue gold mine!

Pride & Joy and tiggen like this.
  12. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I saw this on the news today and thought about how stupid it is. Now a girl can't weed out guys based on their gun pics. She'll have no idea what she is getting herself in to now. At least before, she could make a judgement call based on the pics.

Edit:
    Charge your phone! My OCD is triggering!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, I got to ask, why would you feel a need to post a photo of your AR15 or Glock on a site where you're trying to pick up chicks (or dudes)?

"I'm 27, Crossfit enthusiast, cycle (SHARE THE ROAD!!!!), collect stamps and like long walks in the rain. Here's a photo of me in tactifool wear with an AK47!"

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is, the ability to look at guns is more important than getting laid?

Alrighty then

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I agree with you there - but why do you think you're so valuable to bumble? The app works on the assumption that WOMEN will use it to initiate contact with the relatively 'disposable' male population that uses dating apps.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

No idea but I’ve actually seen a bunch of chicks with gun pics.

I threw a racing picture on there because, well, duh.

K51000 and G 97 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never heard of it and still don't care :crackup:

K51000 likes this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

How dare you? I’m a catch.

rk97 likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, the one where you club it on the head with an oar, take the hook out, club it on the head a few more times and chuck it back. :D

Marid2apterbilt and JBraun like this.
  20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

We just threw those in the middle of the road for the cars to take care of growing up.