1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Companies You Want To Do Business With

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Mar 1, 2018.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

With all the ways to spend money these days people are often overlooking the aspect of customer service... myself included. It's too easy to hit up Amazon's 1-click purchase button and never even consider the other killer businesses out there. That said, I wanted to share 3 really solid companies I'll continue to do business with for as long as I can.

Riders Discount - TJ has been a go-to for years, and dude just blew my mind this week when he sent a proof of purchase from 2013 for an Ogio bag I bought from them. He also let me know that the bags are warrantied for life, so my complaint about a strap breaking shouldn't be a big deal. Turns out, he was right. I don't keep receipts from last week, and they clearly have a solid CRM system in place, as well as awesome people to help customers.

Ogio - TJ was right. They are sending me a brand new 9800 to replace my broken, 5 year old 9600 at no cost to me. Freaking amazing. I'll be buying another MX bag from RD this week.

Honda East - Turns out that old Steady Eddie knows whats up, and while I couldn't care less about deals on Oakleys, they have some killer service on all things Yamaha. Jaci was amazing with helping me outfit my new SXS last week. I asked a ton of dumbass questions, and dude still kept replying to me, and helped me get my order placed. Can't ask for more.

Drop some other businesses in the thread that you hold in high regard...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dicks

Phl218, RyanJG, ChemGuy and 2 others like this.
  3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Whatever gets you all hot and bothered.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joking aside, Dickie, do you mean in the motorcycle industry or just in general?

5. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Pit bull- these guys went back and forth with me a few times rebuilding my damper and ended up giving me new mounting hardware including bolts and bearings. Didn’t ask for a penny.

Bizzaz- I bought a bike that had the z fi qs tc unit on it and t wouldn’t connect to a computer. Tried everything, they even remotely controlled my computer and nothing. I ended up sending it to them and they said the port was damaged. They sent me a refurbished unit at no charge.

I will go out of my way and spend more money if necessary to do more business with these guys.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

+1 for Ridersdiscount. Nothing but great experiences with them.

sdiver, BHP41, Rising Sun and 3 others like this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Motoliberty...specifically Audrey kicked ass for me on the purchase of a riding jacket for my son.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Always had good experiences with STG.

The_R1_Kid and MikeB68 like this.
  9. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

TJ is absolutely the man.

Wish I knew about the warranty, I bought a 9800 a while back to replace the 9600 that broke at the zippers.

dickie doo likes this.
  10. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

Witchkraft Motorsports Joe Kraft, Ohlins Certified, WERA Champion All around awesome guy and suspension setup guru. Patriarch of the Witchkraft team.

Sportbike Tire Service David Grey- Michelin guru, WERA Champion

SportbikeTrackGear - Brian Van- the original and most imitated youtube star motorcycle gear and product reviewer - and all around product sales guru

Sportbike Track Time-/ Apex Richard Harris and his wife are another amazing family run business.

We have been very lucky to have so many great options in the Michigan area and cannot wait to get my husband back to the racetrack and spend money with these folks again, soon.

Riders Discount, and Honda East have also been great,too, but, already mentioned.

DaveB, MikeB68 and TLR67 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA. Duh.

DaveB, Lawn Dart, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Whatever, but I was keeping it moto related. I have plenty of smaller companies I support, but it's nice to see some in the moto industry going the xtra mile.

TJ sent me my receipt, and I called ogio. Took 5 minutes, and they were very nice. They are sending a new bag, and paying for shipping for my old one. I'm going to order a new MX bag from them now.

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed on both Honda East and TJ. Some of the best for sure.

14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

STG. The videos of Brian and his staff wearing various sizes in leathers, jackets, gloves, pants, etc. helps (those of us who happen to live in a gear store desert) out immensely. One of my favorite clips is Brian wearing some Alpinestars pants that have patches you can put over the slider velcro sections.

Paraphrasing (but I'm very, very close to an actual quote):

"The cool thing about these pants is the removable cover for the knee sliders. If you're out carvin' up the canyons one day, you're good to go with your knee pucks. Or, if you want to keep it on the DL, here ya go."

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stickboy.

galloway840 likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Kurvygirl...Fast!

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Not until you get on that AMA member discount list :Poke:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Something kind of funny about most of the ones mentioned. They are companies that support the BBS and WERA. ;)

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Stick, TJ, STG, Fast from the past, and Trackstar (when Kelly owned it.)

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

The best motorcycle related thing I use the most, and get the most enjoyment out of, is this WERA forum. RRW would be next and then BEIN Sports.

I know, my reading comprehension is off, but those are the best companies I deal with for motorcycle related stuff.