WSBK | Phillip Island | AUS | Feb 23 -25, 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I dont like that. Melandri or Davies or Sykes didnt have that crazy drop. Only Rea.

3. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was literally.

That's not the same as filling a sentence with useless/repeated "you knows" and "ummms" and "likes" :)

Had I said

"It was literally ridiculous looking seeing Syke and Melandri side by side going down the front straight and the differences between how the Kawi and Duc looked, literally."

Then I might agree with you.

5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The post race interviews in WSBK are generally interesting in their wording when you know there's been a widespread tire issue that weekend since riders are contractually obligated to not badmouth the Pirelli's.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lol...I don't remember having to sign a contract like that in AMA with Dunlop?

rcarson15 likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Uh huh :Poke:

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It was good to finally watch some good racing. Ducs looked strong.

rcarson15 likes this.
  10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Total BS. They've been racing at PI for how long? Come on Pirelli. Get your shit together. :rolleyes:

So can they swap bikes like MotoGP or do they actually have to do a tire change on the bike they are running?

418 likes this.
  11. EngineNoO9

Tire change like endurance bikes. They're saying the issue is because it's a lot cooler than normal.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any idea what is going on with PJ?

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

With tire changes mandatory I have Sykes for race two, he is so damn fast when on new tires.

14. EngineNoO9

I don't think his bike is nearly that competitive in the dry.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm fairly sure that's because there never was such stipulation as Pirelli has with the riders in WSBK.

Just before the race started when they noted that PJ was starting last on the grid they said he had an off in practice or qualifying hence his bad grid spot and that he might also still be a bit beat up from the wreck. He basically started and finished the race in last place, all the spots behind him were DNF's

Hopefully he's feeling a little better today.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yonny may have been a tire victim. GeeBee on the fbooks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just looked it up.....that was late May last year when Rea's tire blew up at Donnington sending him to the ground. Pirelli really needs to sort this out before someone gets seriously injured....and not by turning a sprint race into an endurance one with pit stops.

418 likes this.
  18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's not a race at Phillip Island if there isn't controversy surrounding Pirelli's.

19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Personally I like the pit stops, but I know I will be in the minority on that.

mike-guy likes this.
  20. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member