1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting global warming!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Is God all knowing, or not? And I'm not a devout atheist. More of a lackadaisical agnostic.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Probably. However, I still have a different POV regarding the free will thing which I mentioned several pages back.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The answer is he's all knowing when shit is going great. Thank him for everything.

When everything goes to shit it's free will and your choices but you still have to thank him for everything.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is there a difference between knowing the future and predicting it with 100% accuracy?

Not even someone who can create the world in six days?

You guys realize what's going on here, right? You're essentially saying "he doesn't exist because no one can do this." What I'm saying is "if he does exist, it's entirely conceivable that he can do that." There are lots of logic flaws in all those stories people are fed in holy books. I'm not sure this is one of them.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. My argument is about free will and god planning out everything. Not god knowing everything.

6. nigel smith

Because God exists outside of time, there is no future for him to predict. He knows, absolutely and completely, the total path of your life. He always has. That is the very definition of omniscience.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which goes back to him being okay with the bad people/things happening and actively allows them. Making him a psycho nutjob of a being :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you saying that what's going to happen also has already happened? That the only way I can see any validity in the argument that there is nothing to predict.

9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yes, guessing correctly and knowing are two very different things...
    I'm conceding for the sake of this argument that he exists and is omniscient... I'm not disagreeing with either of those claims... What I'm disagreeing with is the possibility of the existence of free will if those things are true.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...if the universe were WD40, earth is probably WD10. He cares, but he's got better things going.:D

11. badmoon692008

If god knows all then yes, it's "already" happened for him... If he's outside of time everything is always happening, it just depends "when" he wants to look

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And when, by his definition would be????

13. nigel smith

This is probably a more realistic take on God, although it requires us to discount his omniscience or consider him to be rather callous.

14. badmoon692008

When is only relevant to us in this discussion, he could look "whenever" he wanted in time, as it would all be simultaneous to him.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Again, callous is based on perspective. No matter how broad our experiences may be, or how brilliant we think we are, our experiences and knowledge are insignificant to a supreme being/creator/alien traveler. Arguing limits on something that is not limited is entertaining, but pointless.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The limits are in the good book. His word, transcribed by humans but if you're an actual believer you know it's his word 100%...

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't recall it describing limits on Jaweh.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who the heck is Jaweh? If you mean god then him taking an interest in every being is very limiting :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

From your, and my perspective.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. However if the book is correct then he has told us limits exist. The book is directly his word from him told to the writers, so it has to be true right?