1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’ll take a look at the LCP also. I’d prefer 9mm but to get a gun that’s concealable all the time I may have to go .380.

I have pretty big hands, XL glove usually. All the pocket pistols feel tiny but it’s something I’ll have to learn to deal with.

I’m a little over 6’ and ~200 lbs. My wardrobe pretty much consists of hybrid board shorts and t-shirts. Like a typical meathead, I tend to wear t-shirts that fit snug in the chest and shoulders. Doesn’t leave much for concealment options.

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Geez I would of never guessed.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

6. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Same boat man. If you ever decide to run a flashlight on your carry (if it has a rail), look into the Vanguard from Raven Concealment. I've got a drawer full of IWB holsters in kydex and leather that are used for lots of different clothing. But living in the desert most of the time board shorts and a tshirt is the standard and that particular holster uses the light as a point of contact for securing it so it works for pretty much any pistol with a rail that can hold a light. It deploys quickly as well. Doing drills at a range "requires" removing the holster and resetting the pistol/light in the holster before tucking it back into your waist, but if you're not an idiot, watch the gun back in and keep your finger off the trigger it's easy. It allows for pretty deep concealment and its a holster that I've even worn to a swim park.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

8. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

What about that new Sig P365? Size of the glock 43 and holds 10-12 rounds of 9mm.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  9. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

How do you like the LC9S pro? I'm taking a look at it again for something slimmer and less boxy than my XDS. I had the original release LC9 and I absolutely hated the trigger. Apparently this newest version is a far departure from that?

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Wasn’t at the house to sign so who knows when I’ll get mine hah

11. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I like shooting the lc9 pro better than my lcp but I still carry my lcp more than the pro.The lcp for me is easier to conceal. I liked my xds but never considered it a pocket gun for me.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Go back a page.

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

That's what happens when you miss your brake markers... Go off track and come back...
    I still have yet to get my email saying it's on the way, so I'm stuck in the hotpit with Mongo holding me back..
    lol

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I'll be purchasing one within the next few weeks. They are fantastic.

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Fedex actually had it where they said they would hold it on the door card
    Trigger lost some weight but feels like it'll be better. Taking it to the range tomorrow
    [​IMG]

shakazulu12 and Jedb like this.
  16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Make sure to give a full review. I may want to buy one.

17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

If you're referring to the EC9, I wouldn't know. The LC9s trigger is long and light. Not great but not bad. I never shot the LC9, so I can't say how much better it is.

The LC9s will also be noticably lighter than an XDS if memory serves. Before the G43 I rented every single stack 9 on the market in order to make a decision. Skipped the PPS bc I didnt want to spend that much (even though I loved it), and though I shot the XDS the best, I thought I wouldn't carry it bc t was so heavy, relatively speaking. I chose the LC9s bc I thought it represented good value, was light, and was accurate enough. Only carried it for about six months. Looking back, and now that the G43 is out, I'd buy that or a PPS if I intended to carry a single stack 9.

18. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Recently picked up a Glock 43. Looking for a good pocket holster. Saw the Mika recommended so I'm checking into that. Any other suggestions?

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Not for pocket holsters. He makes two styles, rounded or straight cut. Be sure to look at the pockets that will be carrying your gun. Or get one of each!

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I got rid of my AR15's simply because they bored me, but then I got the idea to build a Vietnam era A2 style rifle. Palmetto State has an A2 lower for $170 shipped, so it's headed my way. Tricky part is finding triangular handguards but I believe I found a source. I'm not looking for 100% authenticity, just a decent replica.

[​IMG]

On another note, I wanted a cheap 9mm with some capacity that I can throw in a backpack or saddlebags and not worry about. I've been very happy with the Taurus PT92 I bought so I thought I'd give this PT-111 try. For $240 what have I got to lose (and it got pretty good reviews).

[​IMG]

terminus est likes this.