1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No HWT Classes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by S Tsotsoros, Jan 13, 2018.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

cajun636 likes this.
  2. Well. Shit.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So how many V4's did you just order?

cajun636 likes this.
  4. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

All of them.

cajun636 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

My inclination to get your 1299 just dropped a tad. :eek:

6. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

Seconded with enthusiasm.

7. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Thirded.

8. jimne245

jimne245 Well-Known Member

I just told Guinness he won't be going on road trips to go racing; he's not happy:
    image1.JPG

ToofPic, t11ravis and Gorilla George like this.
  9. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@Chaotic I'll give you tree-fiddy for that 1299 boat anchor now...

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Vintage boat anchor

dtalbott likes this.
  11. Yokohama

Yokohama Active Member

I don't have the opportunity to grid up much so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure what the advantage is of discontinuing the class, because if my recollection is correct, we were almost always gridded up with other classes. Is there a need for track time for some new classes?

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Supertwins has gone belly up in 2018 over at the other side, too.

Bruce likes this.
  13. That's what I was wondering. Does this mean that other races are getting extended? Or are we getting a new class, like maybe splitting the Groms into SS and SB? :D

dtalbott likes this.
  14. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Looking on the for sale side for some useless twins now for track days.
    Post em up!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Twins provided just enough bikes or enough speed differential to have to split either them out or the classes they are with got split up when normally they wouldn't. That costs track time. Not enough twins to justify that track time.

Another issue is there is no reason to have a twins class. Modern Twins can be competitive with the 4's and the older twins are just like the older everything, they do not need a class just to make sure they get a trophy. It's outlived it's usefulness (the only reason it got started was Suzuki money on the TL).

Yes for the handful of you who ride big twins and like getting the trophies/championships it sucks and I am sorry about that. But as everyone keeps saying, we've got to change some stuff and this is where it starts.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why are they useless?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

What about putting twins in the back of the A bike grids?

If I thought 170rwhp was gonna get the job done in big bike classes I would have never sold my old 1000. The only thing that is competitive in big bike classes is the Panigale.

I always thought HWT was kinda like a class for guys that wanted to run a big bike but not get in the way of the wanna be (and current) MotoAmerica SBK guys. Now you're gonna throw me out there to the wolves and shit.

Gino230, dobr24, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would I put A bikes at the back of the A grid in another class?

solson1041 likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Why did you have a HWT class in the first place then? Lol

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Post 15 - Suzuki money on the TL. Then I kept it because it really didn't affect anything. Now I need the track time so I can rework Vintage without costing anyone track time compared to what we have now. There are a ton of places the twins can race with us, they don't need their own class at this point.