Weird Al Franken...?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Stuart Smalley will take what he can and can't get

TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Two more! An Army vet and an elected official from New England. :Pop:

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Actually, it was the husband of the elected official, that official being head of the State Senate in Massachusetts.

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Looks like Weird Al is getting some pressure to resign. He won't go unless he's dragged out. I mean, why would he? He's got a cushy job, making great money with excellent benefits and a golden retirement plan. He'll stay until the heat gets too close to the party. When he starts damaging the party (more than it already is) only then will he "gracefully" bow out, citing personal reasons or some other bull5hit reason.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, Conyers found this out the hard way.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Demo female senators are ganging up...so to speak....The Mn Gov is a liberal so it won't change anything even if he does resign. What I don't understand is if Conyers resigned why isn't the gov of Mich appointing his replacement?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Varies by state. In some states the Gov can appoint a replacement until a special election can be held.
    Other states have to hold a special election to fill the position.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Or in some states the governor can attempt to sell the position, however that can end badly.

And sometimes a potential buyer may want a different position and the ironically end up running for governor for the very state where the original governor selling the position ends up in prison.:crackup:

EDIT - and that buyer may pass themselves off as the savior for that royally f'd up state who will "fight for ________" , when what they are really doing is pandering to 3 out of 102 counties that will get them elected.

jrsamples and G 97 like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

And there are copeous amounts of women angry with his victims. What the fuck ladies?

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would assume that most of the women that are angry with his victims are Democrats and would likely be at the front of the mob waving pitchforks if Franken was a Republican. Sadly it seems that alot of people will choose political party over what is right...

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Ouch. Politics is a fickle game. From looking like a highly credible and likely contender for the White House in a cycle or 2, to resigning in shame in a matter of weeks. Social media is generally garbage, but I guess one positive is that people can't hide their shitty behavior anymore. How much of it is true? Probably a lot of it, but probably a lot isn't also or is wildly exaggerated. So there's also a downside. A dude like John Kennedy couldn't have gotten elected dog catcher today.

Oh, and he'd have survived and eventually won reelection if the MN governor were a Republican. His position only became untenable when his colleagues were forced to turn on him. He just became more trouble than he was worth. Plus the Dems already have Kamala as a strong contender come 2020. They also have Warren and others as high profile "voices". He was surplus to requirements.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

His resignation speech was basically him apologizing for having to resign. I was hopping he would have came in and said, I’m not stepping down, the people of MN elected me, not Washington and stayed in office. That would have been awesome.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Nope, the democrats have now claimed the moral high ground on this issue and are preparing to skewer Moore when he comes to town.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you saying this in general, are talking about Franken being a White House contender? :confused:

16. SGVRider

Both. He had a real shot and did an excellent job laying the groundwork before he became pussy grabber 2.0.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

IIRC He was on a short list of possible future dem candidates. MN has seemingly always had an influence on dem candidates.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting. I can honestly say that this moment is the first time that the words "President" and "Franken" have been activated in my brain at the same time. :D I don't watch a lot of punditry (well, none, really), so I've never heard any conversations about that.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He didn't resign. He said he intends to resign in the coming weeks. I'll believe it when it happens.

TurboBlew and SnacktimeKC like this.
  20. SGVRider

It’s not really the punditry that’s the indicator. You can always tell by the way the media covers them. The tone, the way the book deals etc are covered. That’s how I knew circa 2009 that the Dems were going to push Kamala Harris all the way to the top. Right before that they’d marked Newsom for greatness. Until he stuck his dick where he shouldn’t have, then they switched to her. He’s still around but will never recover from it. It’s always the penis making guys throw away everything. Since you don’t have constant exposure to US media it’s hard to get a sense of it. Even smart professionals in foreign countries are often utterly wrong about US politics.

There’s actually a decent profit opportunity in that fact. PaddyPower has odds right now that day Trump is more likely than not to be impeached. Their definition is the legal one, when articles of impeachment are passed by the House. I think they’re totally wrong and have been misled by their own media who don’t understand the US. I’ve been trying to figure out how to place a bet there, but it’s a huge pain if you’re in Murica. Plus if I win more than a certain amount and they find out I tricked them they’ll keep the money. Anyone know how to get past this? I can’t even bet on MotoGP either. Pretty lame.