1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla roadster 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 18, 2017.

1. No.

But calling the dealer and saying “I need an oil change, come get my car and leave me a loaner” is very time effective. :D

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

But for that to work, I'd probably have to buy a vehicle that was manufactured this century, right?

3. Maybe so. But I don’t need to know how/why it got fucked up, all that matters is that I didn’t do it.

So the next phone call will be “your guys fucked something up during the last service, so come get it again and leave me another loaner.

If I fuck it up, it’s on me. If they fuck it up, it’s on them.

418 likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Doesn't matter. Most local stuff is all slip seat, so the trucks run virtually
    24/7. Most places that would have to buy twice the trucks just to be able to keep up. Aint happening.

While I'm pointing out the bullshit, I love how Musk thinks that the 30min. Quick charge is going to be able to be done during "mandatory 30min. break". Ummm no, that'll count as "on duty" time bubba. And have fun having the infrastructure to have these chargers everwhere. Go see how backed up the fuel islands are now, when it takes 10min. to fuel. 30min recharge? Good luck.

BTW I'm not a electric hater, I just look at things realistically. One big chance I think electric bikes could make a big impact on is off-road/MX. The potential for having MX parks in suburbia with the noise issue elimination is huge. Somebody needs to run with that idea.

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  5. Well, yeah there’s always that. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  6. dtalbott

Good point on the no fueling on off duty.

7. I know you weren’t talking to me, but I don’t consider any of that shit “below me”. Just like i don’t think working on the bike is “below me”. I just don’t know how to do all that shit and don’t care to learn.

Even if I did learn, there’s no way I could do it as good as Brian. And winning (not to mention safety) is much more important to me than simply being able to say “I did that shit”.

I stand a lot bigger chance of fucking it up than they do, and like I said, if they fuck it up that’s on them.

turner38, crashman and 418 like this.
  8. For the record, I have changed my own oil many times. I’ve also changed an alternator while stuck on the side of the highway, and the starter in Walmart parking lot.

My first car was an old piece of shit. It was always tearing up, I had to fill the radiator multiple times per day, and I was always having to fix something.

But it was MY piece of shit. I worked 3 jobs, the first of which was getting up at 5am to pick tomatoes, so I could pay cash for it myself because I didn’t want to have to owe those motherfuckers anything.

BUT......that was an old, simple car. I couldn’t even tell you were the oil filter is on Bacon, nor how to reset the computer when it’s done.

Anyway, I don’t think anything is “below me”, I just know my limitations.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Why not have plug ins where they loading and unloading, on ramps.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Wasn't aimed at you at all. I know you get it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Thats a option but you're assuming live load/unload. Might not do one of those in week. Especially local work. A lot is drop and hook.

Shippers/receivers wont spend money for a bathroom for drivers to take a shit in, the likleyhood of them spending couple hundred thousand for a dock based charging system is pretty slim.

I'm not saying its impossible but in our life time it'll be the minority of how trucking is done.

I heard something about possibly school districts going to electric buses? That would be more realistic. Short routes and one terminal everybody goes back to.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Phl218 and dtalbott like this.
  12. TWF2

Even if drop and hook it could probably work. Charge during lunch time.
    If electric truck is much cheaper than diesel they can afford to sit 30 minutes couple times in day.
    If they get milage they claim it can run 8 hours no problem.

13. dtalbott

Two things:

1. What the hell is lunch time?

2. How much am I being paid while the truck is charging?

5axis and 418 like this.
  14. TWF2

1. Something I take whenever I feel
    2. Same as when driving it except for lunch time when you get paid nothing :)

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure I would allow my kid onto a bus with volatile batteries packed underfoot, and very little egress.

418 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I look at e-vehicles (bikes especially) like when I first rode my buddies Burgman. In about two blocks I wanted to get off the frigging thing because it was boring as fuck to ride. No real noise, no clutch, no shifting, might better be in one of these murano.jpg

418 likes this.
  17. Oh damn that reminds me of a funny story. Well, it probably wont be funny to anyone outside of the oilfield, or at least to anybody who doesn't work in an industry where every minute counts (every unproductive minute costs th0usands, literally).

Rigs never stop working. 24/7/365 they are on the clock, with a dayrate of $250k-700k depending on the vessel and markt. So shit never stops, for anyone or anything. There are no such things as holidays, weekends, nothing. Every day is the same, WFO.

When I was a roughneck, you had to send one guy in to eat at a time. You had 15min to run in and eat, then get back out and relieve the next guy.

Anyway, we were doing this super critical operation that required everyone. It was a big job that took a lot of people. It was my turn so I was in the galley eating, then here comes Jerome (another roughneck) strolling into the galley to eat like it aint nobody's business. I was like "he just eats wWTF, I reckon its Jerome's world, hen he wants". Haha.

About 2min later the Toolpusher (the Boss) sticks his head in the galley and yells "Jerome, what the fuck are you doing?!?!...nobody told you to go eat!". Jerome said "Shit, I don't need nobody to tell me when I'm hungry".

:crackup: :crackup:

I was like "holy shit, no he didn't!". :crackup:

Of course Jerome was on a helicopter the next morning. He was gone ass. But damn that shit was funny to me.

crashman likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

currently...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seems rational...

19. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Google Alta Motors.

pscook likes this.
  20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Charging stations are going to be a big infrastructure problem. To charge these battery packs is going to require a LOT of power.

418 likes this.