1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla roadster 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 18, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Buy a nicer car and there is limited waiting for oil changes too. Call ahead, drop of your ride on the way to start your daily errands and roll out in a shiny new service loaner.:D

I can understand why some people would like electrics. The power is amazing (but IMO boring) and Musk is a true visionary with some great ideas even if the technology is not quite there yet. But the e-vangelists (thanks Acree) that try to pump up electrics and pretend the technology is up to the task, they are commercially viable, they are super duper green and have no flaws get kinda tiresome. To me that is the same sort of mindset that had people standing in line to get a shiny new Iphone X that just caught up to the technology Samsung released back in April...

418 and BigBird like this.
  2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I just love how you post a political comment in a post aiming itself at deterring political postings in General lol

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That would be why it is great to be King!:D

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If some company were to develop an all-out sport bike that performed in a manner vis-a-vis to that of a Tesleticle Model S, you whores would be all over it.

I will admit, that bike would probably require a really, really loud - er, generator.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

How do these Tesla things handle?
    Do they have a minivan?
    Don't they have tons of batteries on board?
    Aren't batteries not very eco friendly? Don't they have to dispose of them at some point? Can they be recycled?
    The Tesla seem to be only good for 3 years or less. Lots of manufacturing defects on them, like panel gaps, things wearing out, etc. Is that true?

SoCal1000 likes this.
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

1) They handle surprisingly well and weigh about the same and are in the same price range as a Mercedes AMG E63
    2)No minivan yet. The Model X is the closest
    3)1200 lbs of battery...
    4)Jury is still out on the environmental impact of the batteries
    5)I know 2 people with Tesla's that were early adopters and they seem happy with build quality but I am seeing more and more about questionable build quality for something that expensive.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Rich Uncle Pennybags complains about 30 minutes at a recharge station... will spend all day driving to family instead of just getting on a plane for a 600+ mile trip. got it.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well...I can make 400 mile trip to my family faster in a car than on an airplane when you take all the airport BS into account AND have my car there to boot. Just sayin'. Couple that with I already own my car all I'm really paying is gas and tires vs ticket prices and it's a lot cheaper.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't even really care, but there's a 4 hour difference between 600+ and 400. and even still, a 4-5 hour drive is probably the break-even there. a 10 hour drive is not. you DO have your own car though. carry on.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

As much as i fly I prefer my truck over continental flights <500 Miles any day.

If I had to choose a self driving Tesla to get from a to b, I’d take it.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. WTF man. You are just saying stupid shit now. I typically go visit for 5-7 days and need a vehicle.

12. I have my own reasons to dislike not only this car, but all electric cars. I had those reasons long before this thread. I was just pointing out one of the bullshit things about them.

13. We have vessels much bigger than a Carnival Cruise ship, that can position themselves directly over an 18” spot on the ocean floor, in 15,000’ of water, and can hold themselves (automatically) on that exact position/location for months, regardless of sea conditions or current.

5axis and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  14. :stupid:

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so it was mentioned by a Tesla enthusiast that they are more of a software company than a car one.
    The self driving thing would be great! Set the cruise +15mph...hop in the back seat and use the driving time for my
    personal entertainment! Now will the Law have to adjust since if I got a speeding ticket and wasnt driving...lol

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You’re telling me that, if I were on one of you rigs, I could go up on the poop deck, crouch in the same spot and loft a nice mud monkey 150 feet down into the water, the same sea urchin that chowed on yesterday's chocolate dragon wouldn’t have to move? He’d get another guaranteed free delivery? FUCK YEAH!

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Living in proximity to a major airport makes flying a reasonable option. If you aren't near one ,or live in a town with a smaller non-hub airport, flying can be a major PITA and/or substantially more expensive.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I once had an 87 Toyota Camry that did 0-60 in 15 seconds. It also made you say wow. Usually as I was merging onto the 10 East and praying to a Sweet Baby Jesus I don’t believe in that I wouldn’t be run down by a semi doing 90.

19. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

20. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The problem with the Tesla is the computer does everything. I had the use of a Tesla for a few hours the same week our corporate rental car vendor gave me a Camaro SS. The Tesla was way faster but the Camaro was way more fun. No smoky burnout/drift car driver/e-brake turns in the Tesla. I mean why own something that fast when the computer stops you from full stupid?

V5 Racer likes this.