1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Charlie was almost comical. People from Tampa evacuated to Orlando to get away from it. Charlie said "Yuck Fou" and followed those people through Orlando. Charlie was a Cat 3 and pretty much laid waste to the I-4 corridor, but it was hauling ass. Hopefully Irma will reduce down to a low Cat 2 by the time it reaches us. Billboard clean up is pretty much a given at this point.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yea I know was in Winter Springs then, 5 days without power, 3 large oak trees downed, one crushing half the pool screen, wood fences downed, and enough shingle damage to result in a new roof.

3. 600 dbl are

5 days means you were one of the lucky ones. Had friends who were out almost three weeks. Wife and I moved to Florida in 2004 and were greeted by four hundred hurricanes that year. Lucky for us the apartments we were living in were next to a middle school, which was a designated shelter. We were without power for 24 hours.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it really depended on where you were. Most of the neighborhood's power came back on after 3 days, and we were like WTF. On the 5th day a power company truck was in the neighborhood and I flagged him down and asked when did they think we would get power back. He was quite surprised and said "you do not have power?", Nope. He said " Let me go check some things and I will be back". ABout a 1/2 hour later the power came on. When he came back he said he found a dead squirrel in one of the transformers down the road and it had shorted it out. He fixed it and power was on.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Thanks for the support, all. Be safe. These things are no joke.

-jim

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For everyone hauling North to Road Atlanta - current tracks have Irma hitting here as storms on Monday/Tuesday so going west after the races might be better but Road Atlanta will allow anyone who needs/wants to stick around to part out by the registration building outside the gate. It's the building with the gravel lot out on HWY 53. Away from trees and all that stuff so should be good then haul ass south once it's past.

caferace likes this.
  7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Can we get a running list of who here is in Florida riding it out?

I'm in Apopka
    Dits in DeLand
    Melka in Tampa

Every one else post up

MELK-MAN and Rising like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was going to suggest people go to Talladega and park there after they're done racing but the way the track forecast keeps curving west... :eek:

10. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

He's headed to the Tampa area also to hunker down with some friends. He's been eyeing traffic and it looks bad all around, but I passed this on in case it can help. Thanks for the tip.

Hoping for the best, but I'm planning to head that way Tuesday or Wednesday to help pick up the pieces and assess damage.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Steeltoe in Lake Mary.

13. 600 dbl are

I'm in Deland

14. 713

713 Well-Known Member

I'm in Tampa. 10 miles south of Melka.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I'm in Miami.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Duck.

Seriously, stay as safe as possible.

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Hardcore

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Pompano Beach

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Ft. Lauderdale on the yacht out of the water/ drive up to boca today. Ready and kind of excited, maybe I'm crazy

caferace likes this.
  20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Hope my new/old triump that I had one day survives. The storge company forces you to buy insurance. My first question. do you actually pay out money??