1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Broken leg?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Stoner.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

MM is Dovi's main obstacle, Rossi was more of a long shot.

Robby-Bobby and Phl218 like this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Looks like its a bad break... :( hope the surgery goes well and he heals quickly.

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Rossi was sucking up a lot of points from the competition.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

these guys always get hurt training.... on dirt bikes... ;)

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

ruckusracing likes this.
  7. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

"Displaced" Tib and Fib = Not good.... He'll have Ti rods in his leg and in his motors....

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Breaking news Danny Eslick to fill in for Rossi.. now that would be awesome

JustaNobody likes this.
  9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I believe it was a displaced fracture of the right tib back in 2010, wasn't it?

That dude doesn't crash or get injured often, but when he does, he does it big.

Heal up quick, Doc.

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

So looking at the positives here....

If Rossi is out for 6 weeks, that gives him a comeback at the start of the flyaways in Japan. He could race the final four races of the season.

Barring some ultra freaky shit, missing two races at this stage in the game will completely remove him from the title fight for 2017.

Out of the title race, will Yamaha provide him with a "lab" bike for the rest of the year, effectively using the last four races as test sessions to dial in everything besides the engine on the 2018 bike?

They could leapfrog all of the competition in development for 2018 and have a seriously dialed in weapon for Rossi and Vinales when the lights go out in Qatar in March....

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but are we about to see about to see some Yamaha domination next year circa 2008-2010??? Hmm...

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  11. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Where's the crackhead emoticon?
    Based on what? He doesn't even have a full season racing with Yamaha and he' not exactly the model of consistancy.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

S#hit, now who do I root for? Suggestions? Who do all you guys hate the next most? Too bad Stoner isn't still racing.

On a side note. How long do we think he'll be in the Hospital? Will he be recovering at his Italian home? If so, anyone got his address? I'll pop by in a couple weeks when I'm over in Florence to personally give him his get well soon card. :D

No really, anyone have his address?

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty sure the break in 2010 was worse, as that was a compound displaced fracture that pierced the skin i.e. exposed bone and high risk of infection.

Displaced in this case means the break has resulted in a misalignment of the bones and will have to be put back into alignment and possibly set with something like an intramedullary nail or plates/screws.

14. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

[​IMG]

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I may have a chance in the fantasy game now since I can stop putting Rossi 1st

HPPT likes this.
  16. The news here in Yurrup says that Rossi's leg operation was successful, no complications. No word on estimated recovery time.

I got Dovizioso for the championship. I'll be happy to buy Chip a beer so he can cry in it :)

aaronson and YamRZ350 like this.
  17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Most people who cheer against Rossi do not go against him because they don't like Rossi, they cheer against him because his fan base is the biggest bunch of douche nozzles on the plant. :p

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Based simply on that comment,.... pot/kettle?

Crybaby™ and Repo Man 32 like this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Sure.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

First rule: pick who you think will win, not who you want to win (i need work here, too).